• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM Tools

Ferghis

First Post
It's been a while since I looked at 4th Ed stuff, but aren't there character builds where you can consider yourself to be bloodied so that you can interact with different abilities while your hitpoints are still above half?
That is correct.

Further, adding bloodied as an imposable condition has the benefit of allowing players to run this tracker without needing to know the HP of an enemy (there is a workaround already possible, but it's annoying).

Ferghis

First Post
players (not DM) can log to the DM's game and see creatures from players perspective (bigger fonts, limited stats, no controls), access/create journal pages, etc... Or maybe i can create different view for all creatures from players perspective suited for big screens (projectors, TVs)... What do you think ?
I think the simpler, the better: just have a large font toggle or something. That should make it most flexible.

However, this doesn't address the third and fourth request, and the fourth is the one that's most important to me, personally. The third one is simply an improvement of the UI.

More on my fourth suggestion. This tracker becomes tedious if I have to type in psychic lock or astral seal every time I use it, and there are many many custom effects players frequently used in D&D 4e (at least at the tables I play at). So having it remember the most recent 10 custom effects would be a life-saver. Even better, add a tab on the character creation panel allowing characters to create custom effects that populate a sidebar on the custom effect tab in combat.

Ferghis

First Post
For what it's worth, Dying, Hidden and Removed from Play are also conditions. The latter two need to be added to the list of imposable conditions, and it would be useful to add the former as well, since some monsters have things that happen after they are dead, so they stay on the initiative board despite being dead.

j3x

First Post
Also, @j3x, if you could add an option to track damage inflicted instead of HP, that would be great. Again, I plan on using this on the player side of the screen, so it's easier for players to review the damage they have inflicted at a glance.

Im planing to implement a global log for the game so you will be able to review creatures actions (attack, damage, conditions) anytime.

j3x

First Post
More on my fourth suggestion. This tracker becomes tedious if I have to type in psychic lock or astral seal every time I use it, and there are many many custom effects players frequently used in D&D 4e (at least at the tables I play at). So having it remember the most recent 10 custom effects would be a life-saver.

Im already working on this. It will be added in next release.

Ferghis

First Post
More on my fourth suggestion. This tracker becomes tedious if I have to type in psychic lock or astral seal every time I use it, and there are many many custom effects players frequently used in D&D 4e (at least at the tables I play at). So having it remember the most recent 10 custom effects would be a life-saver.
Im already working on this. It will be added in next release.
Sweet! Can't xp you, but that's really awesome!

LeStew

Explorer
LeStew - That's great, thanks.
I've up'ed a screencast so you can see if it works with your GMing style.
youtube.com/watch?v=ckICXpDPDEc
In the meantime, I'll figure out how to enable beta testing via the app store..

Hey there!

Have you figured out how to get the beta testing to work?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads