• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[DMs] Do you enjoy your prep time from one session to the next?

Do you enjoy your prep time from one session to the next?

• Yes

Votes: 114 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 22 16.2%

Raven Crowking

First Post
amethal said:
If world building counts as prep, I'm going to have to change my vote on the "how long do you spend preparing" thread.

Me too.

I limited myself only to prep for the events likely to occur in the next game session.

RC

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yes! I sometimes enjoy it more than the actual game session. I particularly enjoy crafting, advancing, and tweaking monsters and adversaries.

The only part I don't enjoy is making (or more often attempting to find) maps. Even with all the free ones available on the web, I can never find one I'm 100% happy with.

Crust

First Post
I really enjoy prep time. To me, it's part of the whole gaming experience, at least for DMs. My players just show up and say, "We gamin'?" They only have fun once about ever other Sunday. I have fun with it everyday! :D

Nomad4life

First Post
My answer would depend greatly on what system I was using. I loathe preparing anything for 3.X; too much clunk and clutter. I love prep time between sessions of True20, or C&C, sometimes even more than playing the game itself.

Remove ads