DMs Guild DMs Guild and Stock Photos

Remathilis

Legend
Yup, another question about DMs Guild and Art (perhaps we need a tag for DM's Guild?)

How does the DMsG work with stock photos? Specifically, I'm looking at Shutterstock, which has two different licenses (Standard and Enhanced). The differences are detailed here: http://www.shutterstock.com/license-comparison

I was considering buying a few pics, but I'm concerned about whether the DMsGuild is an "E-book" for this purpose, and whether the licence I buy from them collides with the DMsGuild one (which shouldn't since the DMsGuild doesn't affect art, but...)

Anyway, I would like to know before I plunk down cash if I can use it and if I need the enhanced licence (at which point, they can forget it).

Thanks

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
The license difference is between digital and physical. DMsGuild is digital, so the standard license is sufficient. The licenses don't collide.

Cheers!

S

Sunseeker

As an aside, I applaud you for following copyright law. I have some concern that without substantial moderating efforts, the DMs Guild may encourage a lot of Google image grabbing.

Remove ads