• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM's Toolkit Program--NOW AVAILABLE!

FendenKrell

First Post
as do i, this toolkit looks kablamo! cant wait to get my hands on it. but i guess my lordfendenkrell at hotmail email inbox will remain empty until the fateful day that Rouse gives the go ahead. i wish you luck mate! :D

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Make it for Mac and I will hug you, feed you, pet you and call you George.

The only reason it's not for a Mac yet is that I haven't been able to find an executable creator for the Mac that you can run on something other than a Mac. If you know of something, let me know and I'll make a Mac version ASAP.

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Okay, guys, the version we have up now is a buggy one; the Monster Creator is supposed to be nonfunctional, but the current one lets you start up the Monster Creator and then dies. The server may be down for 10-20 minutes while we put the new one up. Don't panic; the downtime is intentional.

Hodag

First Post
The only reason it's not for a Mac yet is that I haven't been able to find an executable creator for the Mac that you can run on something other than a Mac. If you know of something, let me know and I'll make a Mac version ASAP.

Just release the .jar. Mac's handle jar archives as a double-clickable application.

Last edited:

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
Just release the .jar. Mac's handle jar archives as a double-clickable application.

So can Windows and Linux. The point of the executable is (A) to add an installer, a splash screen, and an icon without me having to code them myself, and (B) to prevent the code from being decompiled, since decompiling Java is trivial and I'm paranoid about my code.

Hodag

First Post
Unless you're planning to sell it, why so paranoid? I've run the Windows .exe and it's a nice bit of work. I'd like to see how you did it, but it isn't a driving desire. If you're planning to sell it, check on some of the commercial Java apps that provide code security and multi-platform usage.

Also Icons and splash screens aren't necessary, and installers just mean things can get tucked in odd places.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads