• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

Myth and Legend

First Post
Anything in particular that strikes your fancy? He might have a mundane spellbook filled with arcane spells. However mundane spellbooks don't fit that many spells, and it will be a gamble as to what level of spells it includes and what they are actually. If you're OK with me rolling randomly for those, you can get a spellbook and copy the spells off it.

If it's an item, what function do you want it to have?

Zerith

First Post
Integrated the halberd into the bio, very tried, but glad to see this get rolling again :D

Also, during the time skip and resulting night, expect Zinerath to: sleep in as secluded a spot as practically possible and have very potent nightmares, both are the norm for him. I'm 'realistic to my characters!:devil:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Well I fast forwarded a lot, but we can't get to next morning yet. There are things to do :) Also, Dragonwriter, It's not that Vivian is haunting your characters personally. It's just that she does not like to approach women, she likes demonic boys even less and she is definitely not going to approach a cleric of Lathander.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Well I fast forwarded a lot, but we can't get to next morning yet. There are things to do :) Also, Dragonwriter, It's not that Vivian is haunting your characters personally. It's just that she does not like to approach women, she likes demonic boys even less and she is definitely not going to approach a cleric of Lathander.

My characters have a vampiric stalker! :eek: ;)

I don't mind at all. She's a fascinating character and I'm glad you were able to work her back into the story.

As for Stuff... I like the look of the Ghost Touch Chainmail with Light Fortification, but am a little concerned about dropping my AC (even if it's just 1 point; it's already really low) and losing my Evasion. The remaining things also don't really appeal, though one of the stronger Oils would not go amiss.
I haven't added anything to my sheet yet, on account of indecisiveness. :p

Myth and Legend

First Post
Hmm.. I was thinking the chain goes to Thok and Rufus gets the Half-Plate?

Geryk got by far the sweetest deal but unlike your own items, his was from Ferviel's personal stash. Plus he's from the temple.

Mei-Ying will get something for +1 extra spells known. Levels 1-3 for now, but still huge for a Sorcerer.

Zinnerath has a good weapon, Thok likewise has one. Thok's sword will have the option to be improved. After tonight actually.

Rufus's patron deity is Pelor. Ferviel has a Flame Tongue which has Pelor's Holy Symbol etched in the hilt. It can turn into a Sun Blade at some point and later into something even better. This strike your fancy? You didn't really ask something of the sort, he got you a magical item that best answered to what you asked for (out of those he bought in Angelwatch). This is seriously something I had put down as a possession he had lying in his chest.

Lórquelië will get something out of Ferviel's stash as well. Zinnerath probably will not be trusted with more than the halberd, but he will probably get something less tangible, but nevertheless useful for him.

Overall, your gear will evolve based on RP choices you make when approached by... powerful beings.

You will also have the option to loot impossibly good things off NPCs or locations in the Valley. If you can take them, that is.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Hmm.. I was thinking the chain goes to Thok and Rufus gets the Half-Plate?

Rufus can't wear it, unless Commander does something to reduce the weight category. I don't have MIC, so I don't know. But as a Rogue/Bard/Warblade, he's only proficient with Light and Medium Armor. :(

Rufus's patron deity is Pelor. Ferviel has a Flame Tongue which has Pelor's Holy Symbol etched in the hilt. It can turn into a Sun Blade at some point and later into something even better. This strike your fancy? You didn't really ask something of the sort, he got you a magical item that best answered to what you asked for (out of those he bought in Angelwatch).

Rufus's focus was on defense. He just saw Shadows that can strike right through armor and wanted something to stay safe from them. ;) But that Flame Tongue (and eventually becoming Sun Blade+) sounds good to me. I suppose it also fits his more offense-oriented style better than armor.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Well you can wear it but it will incur penalties. Hmmm... The ACP goes for things like swimming, climbing and jumping. It doesn't really incur other penalties. Well unless you want to sleep in your armour. If you plan to take a level in a class that grants the proficiency you can probably hold on to it, it's an expensive peace of equipment. Ferviel probably has one more ghost touch piece of armour but it will probably be of worse AC bonus than what you would like.

If any of you don't know something I cite, let me know and I'll post it's details. I'm AFB but I'll post it tonight (the description of the Commander property)

If you want to take the sword, you can talk it out wit Ferviel tomorrow or tonight.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Non-proficiency also applies the ACP to attack rolls and all STR/DEX-based ability and skill checks. I'm really not looking to take a -6 penalty on such things. ;)

And I'd lose the use of Evasion. I know my Reflex isn't great (and your casters are more likely to use deadlier-than-damage spells :p) but it could come in handy.

Shayuri

First Post
Hah! I was going to ask Ferviel about runestaves too. ;)

Or a cloak of Monstrous Conjuration...or whichever it was that let you spontaneously cast Summon Monster spells...

Is this Mysterious NPC Item in additon to Ferviel's offering or in replacement of? :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads