• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

Theroc

First Post
Between Alevyth and Thok we should be able to fairly well protect the others, particularly with Kye and Peth and Sensalar to back us up with support spells and Latham to befuddle any non-undead we come across.

As for OpenRPG, if I have to become a member, I'll be unable to participate as I'd need to ask my father to check into it and that'd take MONTHS for him to POSSIBLY check into in order to yay or nay it and it'd be a huge hassle that likely would result in me being unable to use it anyway.

ethandrew

First Post
The only issues I foresee in our party make-up is the lack of a rogue, or more precisely, someone to unlock doors, disable traps, etc. If that's the scenario, and instead of over burdening yourself with more PCs, I could make Latham's cohort a rogue instead of a monk. I wasn't really going to have him active in most combats anyway, just as like a silent bodyguard.

As for OpenRPG, I do 95% of my postings at work and wouldn't have the ability to devote a large block of time to a site like that both while I work and when I'm outside of work.

Myth and Legend

First Post
The only issues I foresee in our party make-up is the lack of a rogue, or more precisely, someone to unlock doors, disable traps, etc.
ethandrew has the right idea :) Fortunately for you guys i've already designed a rogue NPC that might be willing to join you and stop you from becoming spiked pit fodder :D

On OpenRPG - i just discovered it today. I had but only 5 minutes at work to give it a try, it seems awesome and it is indeed quite free (which is a good thing). Here is what it says on their main page:

OpenRPG is an Internet application that allows people to play Role Playing Games in real-time over the Internet. OpenRPG is free, open source, software, distributed under GNU/GPL license.
So don't worry about that.

On time - well my Sunday evenings are nothing to brag about really, and i'm sure i can devote an hour or two to real live RPing. Evening in Bulgaria (where I'm at) is noon in the USA (+/-3 hours depending on the coast) and a bit earlier in the evening (-1 or 2 hours) in Central or Western Europe. So we can all find the time i'm sure, but let me see how the thing works first, then how i can make maps, input NPC sheets, generate encounters and so on.

Theroc

First Post
On OpenRPG - i just discovered it today. I had but only 5 minutes at work to give it a try, it seems awesome and it is indeed quite free (which is a good thing). Here is what it says on their main page:

So don't worry about that.

On time - well my Sunday evenings are nothing to brag about really, and i'm sure i can devote an hour or two to real live RPing. Evening in Bulgaria (where I'm at) is noon in the USA (+/-3 hours depending on the coast) and a bit earlier in the evening (-1 or 2 hours) in Central or Western Europe. So we can all find the time i'm sure, but let me see how the thing works first, then how i can make maps, input NPC sheets, generate encounters and so on.

Time probably would not be the problem so much as the fact that I am not permitted to download without getting express permission from my father, as he owns the network I am using. And for him to approve it, he'd want to research it first... which he basically never finds the time/energy to do. So if it involves any form of downloading or membership I basically can't use it.

jager0727

First Post
I have to agree on part make-up. just about the only thing we seem to be lacking is a skill-monkey, but whether that's an important role tends to depend on what you throw at us ML.
As for OpenRPG, I have it and have been itching to play a regular game with it, so far I've only had a chance to use it for one session, but it's just as well we can't in this case, I'm on the Eastern Standard time, and the only time I really have available is evenings, which would push you well into night/early next morning

Myth and Legend

First Post
I'm on the Eastern Standard time, and the only time I really have available is evenings, which would push you well into night/early next morning
That's not a problem, for example it's 1 am right now :) So, how does the program handle? Are encounters easy to manage? Combat? Do you have a sheet for your character? I have it now but hadn't had the time to even install it on my laptop.

jager0727

First Post
Like I said, I only got to play one or two sessions with it and didn't DM, but it was pretty easy to work with, the monster sheets are actually just expanded stat blocks, but the info is set up as a directory tree so it's easy to find pertinent info., the map making isn't too bad (any map program takes time and has limitations on what you can and can't put down in my experience) I've definitely seen a lot worse, as for regular character sheets, I'm not sure whether it's even a feature since the guys I played with were people I used to play with tabletop and we already had our sheets available on paper but it shouldn't be a big deal if you're used to PbP where the characters are all somewhere inn an OOC thread anyway, if you wanted to run something strictly OpenRPG you might have to set up a thread somewhere just for character creation or have them e-mailed or Messaged to you. I know we used an independent instant messenger for dialogue and mainly utilized it as a map tool, but I don't know if that's the best (or even only) way to do it as it was a DM decision

Remove ads