• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

Theroc

First Post
I don't think the dwarves position in Angelwatch wouldn't change Alevyth's demand that they stand down, as he is primarily a peacekeeper and if Thok hasn't hurt anyone in town he won't stand for him getting killed, even if it means he has to fight every dwarf on Steel Lane. :p

jager0727

First Post
ML: Sensalar note what Bran said, but it seemed kind of a statement of what he had heard (maybe true maybe false) but not something he expected the others to respond to or discuss.
Being from out of the area I assume Senselar doesn't have any real information beyond a general idea of a valley full of undead causing a threat to Angelwatch so he'd take note of that sort of thing and not respond as he wouldn't know any specifics himself.
If I missed an inherent question in Bran's statemnet, and held things up I apologize, my mistake.

jager0727

First Post
alright, I was just afraid I missed something and didn't want to hold things up
BTW: are the Dwarves in armored or just in regular clothing?

Myth and Legend

First Post
Hmm well I suppose i cut the description short, I didn't want to make you guys feel like observers instead of participants. One's wearing leather armor, the one who stood up has a breastplate on, two of them have their backs to you and are wearing cloaks so you can't see, the last one is in an unbuttoned short-sleeved shirt. Full description in the next update i suppose.

jager can you tell me which book lists that spell? I want to do some reading on my own.

Last edited:

jager0727

First Post
spell compendium
and your description was fine I was just asking because of this:
[sblock]needed to know if they were in metal armor, since the worst that happens if they aren't and I use heat or chill metal is they drop their weapons, if they are wearing armor, they probably won't have time to get out of it once it gets uncomfortable but before they take any damage[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Well there are three problems:

1. I can't find this spell in the Spell Compendium. Not in the Druid spells or the Ranger spells. Give me the page number please.

2. Sensalar's sheet doesn't have known spells and prepared spells for the day. This needs to be fixed asap, especially if you guys intend on fighting the Dwarves.

3. This spell will, as a side effect, reduce the tavern floor to rubble? I'm not against it of course, but maybe you should rethink the consequences? Who will pay for the mason work needed to fix the floor, the toppled tables with food and drink for the other patrons, and the premature closing of the inn? A night's income for such a large establishment is no small matter, and the repairs will be steep as well. I'm just saying, does Sesnalar intend to initiate combat with a spell that has such high collateral damage?

Theroc: The way you worded it and pulled out your sword, that's an Intimidate check for sure.

Theroc

First Post
1d20+5=10

It would appear Alevyth despite the seriousness of his tone, isn't a very threatening boy. Perhaps he'd be scarier if he grew horns next round? :p

Anyway, I figured I may was well do the roll here as I've nothing to add in the IC atm. Kindof disappointing that Alevyth won't be stopping a fight. Seems no one listens when Alevyth says he'll strike them dead, even though he's come pretty darn close to making good on his promise with one of them, if they did survive. :p

The RNG gods just hate me.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Don't worry intimidating a bunch of drunk Dwarves isn't easy anyway. Horns - hmmm... Well they could view Alevyth as a bigger challange than the perceived "orc" and gang up on him. Drunk dwarves - all about brawn and boasting! But what Alevyth would really hate is explaining to Adelaide that he isn't some sort of demon spawn :D

Theroc

First Post
Haha... he could tell her to search his soul for signs of evil. After all, he radiates an aura of Good around himself. :p

But yeah, he wouldn't reveal that just yet. he'll likely save it for the undead.

Remove ads