• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

jager0727

First Post
Well there are three problems:

1. I can't find this spell in the Spell Compendium. Not in the Druid spells or the Ranger spells. Give me the page number please.

2. Sensalar's sheet doesn't have known spells and prepared spells for the day. This needs to be fixed asap, especially if you guys intend on fighting the Dwarves.

3. This spell will, as a side effect, reduce the tavern floor to rubble? I'm not against it of course, but maybe you should rethink the consequences? Who will pay for the mason work needed to fix the floor, the toppled tables with food and drink for the other patrons, and the premature closing of the inn? A night's income for such a large establishment is no small matter, and the repairs will be steep as well. I'm just saying, does Sesnalar intend to initiate combat with a spell that has such high collateral damage?

Theroc: The way you worded it and pulled out your sword, that's an Intimidate check for sure.

1: sorry, impeding stones is in cityscape. p.66, I was thinking of tremor (compendium p.223)-almost the same spell and fine if you'd rather I used it instead:
TREMOR​
Evocation [Earth]​
Level:​
Cleric 3, druid 3

Components:​
V, S, DF

Casting Time:​
1 standard action

Range:​
Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)

Area:​
40-ft.-radius spread

Duration:​
1 round/3 levels

Saving Throw:​
See text

Spell Resistance:​
No

When you cast this spell, a small, localized
tremor shakes the ground in the area.
Detritus and loose debris rattle with the
small quake, and creatures caught in the
area stumble and fall.​
This minor quake is not strong enough
to damage structures. The effect lasts
for 1 round per three caster levels,
during which time any spellcaster on
the ground in the area must succeed on
a Concentration check (DC 15 + spell
level) or lose any spell she is casting. A​

creature attempting to use a skill that
would provoke attacks of opportunity
(such as Disable Device, Heal, Open
Lock, and Use Rope, among others)
must succeed on a DC 15 Concentration
check, or the action automatically
fails and is wasted. Each creature in
the area must make a Reflex save each​
round or be knocked prone.

2. your right, I need to list commonly prepared spells (I don't think druids have spells known just alignment restrictions)

3. That's why I asked about their armor before, I was looking for a way to disable or disarm the dwarves without actually harming them, possibly heat or chill metal. (hard to use entangle when you're inside without plants on the ground). As for dmage to the inn, I was planning on offering to fix with either a few applications of stoneshape or soften earth and stone and a few minutes work smoothing some clay

Myth and Legend

First Post
Hmmm i have to take a look at Cityscape. OK do what you will, just let me know when you post your spell selection. :) I'm going to look in to Races of Stone tonight, maybe there's some interesting Dwarven things there.

jager0727

First Post
Myth and DW:
sorry I haven't been able to get online last few days, a good friend from school is home from Iraq for a few weeks so I'm probably not going to be around much over the next week and a half. feel free to move along without me or NPC Sensalar Myth and Twi'Tar if you want DW, whatever's easiest for you guys. I really do feel bad about the abrupt halt, his leave got moved around over the last two months quite a bit so I wasn't totally sure he was going to be in town until he called me from the airport.

Myth and Legend

First Post
No problem i'm statting out the dwarves, already done with Adelaide, and i'm doing some other stats for NPCs yet not encountered. Being a DM is hard work :confused:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock= holy man]Holy Man, how is your gods game going? I bet that is keeping you busy! I haave been watching this game since the inception, just to let you know. Just as another set of eyes for M and L[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Scott DeWar]
That game has been going great from a DM perspective LOL, 9 pages in the IC and I only had to post once. I have alot of ideals for the game it is hard to think of what to put in front of a god that they can't blast to bits or make one check and know everything about it even if they roll a 1, so the challenge is nice I brainstorm almost every day about it.

Thanks for the extra eyes, see anything I goof on let me know and if you want a cameo apperance let me know that too.

HM [/sblock]

Remove ads