• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD on CNN

Negative Zero

First Post
tonite, at about 10:45 on a CNN show called NewsNight with Aaron Brown, they did a story on MMORPGs. i just thought it was kinda kool for a CNN reporter to say on live TV that he used to play DnD. he clearly wasn't into our hobby anymore, or PC games ... come to think of it, it was really odd that he did this story, he didn't know a thing about it, but it was nice to hear :)

~NegZ

Tewligan

First Post
Voneth said:
I am not a CNN fanboy. Is Mr. Brown an anchor or a noname reporter?
Y'know, I never thought I'd see the words "CNN" and "fanboy" next to each other.

"Dude, CNN is the baddest news channel! Darth Vader works for them! Sweeeet!"

R.X.DIEM

First Post
What is your bidding my master?

Tewligan said:
"Dude, CNN is the baddest news channel! Darth Vader works for them! Sweeeet!"
It's not the East or the West side......not it's not. It' not the North or the South side....no it's not .... It's the Dark side... of the News......tee heee:D

Negative Zero

First Post
lol
i'm not a "fanboy" either and i don't really know who Aaron Brown is. (i figured people more intelligent than me on here would know :)) but he's got his own show. that should count for something ... right?

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Aaron Brown

The first I knew of him, he was a co-anchor an ABC's then brand new World News Now. WNN being an all night news show that once had a certain gonzo attitude. He and Talia Asuras (now with CBS) presided over an eclectic mix of news stories and repeats of stuff from Nightline. It's gone down hill since he and Talia left.

"Politics and foreign wars,
All the weather, all the scores,
It's the world news polka."

I hope he does well with his new gig.

Alan

apsuman

First Post
Voneth said:
I am not a CNN fanboy. Is Mr. Brown an anchor or a noname reporter?

He's a noname anchor.

And as far as I am concerned, WNN went down after Linda Elerbee left the show... and went down again when Anderson left...

g!

Remove ads