DnD - The Gray Spire (Closed)

Droon

First Post
Game Info: DnD 3.5 (Some modifications) No Psyonics, classes from Tomb of Battle, PHB2 and the Compleet (Whatever) are fine. I use Invisible Castle for Dice rolling.

Character Creation

Magic Items: There are magic items but there regarded as artifacts and there are few that can make them but even less out of that group that can make good versions of them. But they will be relatively obtainable due to looting, that just means treasure the ones you do have. And for this reason I suggest that you not put too much effort into a single type of weapon.

Magic: magic is normal; spell casters are rare but respected like sages, casters get dobbled spells per/day (Not including bonus spells). Most Fast travel spells are considered (lost) knowledge. Those classes without spells get the benifit of two domains (Con or Cha if DC is needed) able to cast 2/day - I will allow the choice of dobble spells or Domains for Classes like Pally and Ranger. These Benifits are due to your extencive training at The Spire.

No penalties for Multi-Classing. I accualy encourage it. Might give some bonuses as well.

Starting Money: 300gp

I would like good heroic characters, not that you will be gun-ho for going out and killing evil, I would just like the group members to consider above average ethics when playing your characters.

Would like your backgrounds to be relatively common (Any Class) your only level 2, your not heroes yet.

Only Common Races, I want your Age to be relatively young (Just Matured). Common backgrounds, all of you were taken about 3 years from campaign start.

Stats:17,17,15,15,13,13
[sblock=Why your here]Once a year, on the first day of spring, Men and Women known as the Evanúrtai (Like a Guru or teacher) in Old Tongue meaning “The Honorable” from The Grey Spire to search for younglings to take back with them to learn how to become one of the Evanúrtai. Very few parents deny the Evanúrtai and those that do end up being accused of being part of the Black Legion. But, those that do become Evanúrtai are extremely fortunate and many turn into heroes or heroines, or generals, Advisors to Kings and Queens and other grand things (so you’ve heard), those Evanúrtai that are out on such endeavors usually come back with a candidate. You are one of those Candidates.[/sblock]
All the normal races are pritty common cept Half-Orcs, And Enforcers of this world are Dragonkin but only about 1% of them have working wings, minus the description given in the monster manual. Most of them are in high positions usually the town guard captain, there alignment usually lawful neutral, there life span is dobble that of elves, and hate to leave there place of birth and usualy leave only to find a mate. But there population is only 1 out of 10000, and there reguarded as only ledgend in rural areas. (no one can be dragon kin)

I will try and desribe the nations as we go along. How your character acts is much more intresting.

Reminder: The Evanúrtai, your characters are not yet one of them your going to be trained into one of them.

I would like your backgrounds to be more like short stories maby a paragraph long explaning how you came to the Spire. There lvl 2 I do like classes out of the PHB 2 and Tomb of Battle.

For more info contact my AIM. I don't mind.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
sounds interesting, how do gnomes, halflings, elves and dwarfs fit into the world? are they normal per the phb? or are elves tough working miners and dwarfs flower loving ttree-huggers?

how is magic delt with for druids? bards? rangers? palladins? could a sorc use their chasma if they really want to?

over all though i'v got a few ideas running through my head, just need some more info.

penance

First Post
I would be interested in starting a character in your thread; what level, $ starting?

Are we going to have the normal amount of fighting in here or is it more diplomacy based? also, if we are the 'Honorable' folk, how are we chosen and what happens when we fail?

Droon

First Post
For the other races, there normal in most aspects but they mingle well together.

As for the other classes there as is, they don’t play as much a prominent roll in the world.

Will there be a lot of fighting or diplomacy? There will be some of both it will be determined mostly by the group, it usually does.

As for the weapons what I meant by not specializing in a single type of weapons was for like if you monkey grip a great sword and long sword, because magical items can only be found you can’t make them. Essentially stuck with what you find.

Stats: 17, 17, 15, 15, 13, 13, – I think this is nice enough but mean enough at level 2

As for being picked: Usually the Evanúrtai (The Grey Spire) usually it’s a man and a woman sometimes more, go to a town or city and for couple of weeks staying near schools orphanages, residential areas. They usually look for smarter, stronger, faster children. Once they find one they usually set up some event sometimes telling the child about it or not, usually something to do with, saving something, speaking truth, protecting, but of coarse the child is never in any danger, most of the time it’s done with illusions, mainly why there always at least a man and a woman to play proper rolls. The illusions are done though a magical item called Amulet of Testing and usually only works on youth. After they are seen to fit the bill the Evanúrtai reveal them selves (Usually as showy as possible) and ask to speak with there guardians, they tell them that there child has been chosen to be tested by the Grey Spire. They will not be forced into the testing, and if they say yes they will be offered compensation by ether being allowed to come with them to the Spire to live in a town a few miles off or other means usually dealing with money (If they test true).

I already have 2 players that will not post due to I already know there AIM, and will start one we get it going.

IamTheTest - I would like common backgrounds you (Your characters) would have been brought to the Spire at level 0 the story start 3 years after that (chance) meeting with the Evanúrtai. So currently you would be 14-17ish (Human years) Older races can have been there longer.

Last edited:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
JonnyFive said:
how is magic delt with for druids? bards? rangers? palladins? could a sorc use their chasma if they really want to?

Specifically, for me, I'm curious about the spellcasting of Paladins and Hexblades.

Droon

First Post
[sblock=World Info]

There are 8 nations most of the eastern nations are at odds with those of the west;

-Lumini – (The people are as common as they get, dress in woolens, wear little jewelry most are farmers or merchants and up north and to the east miners) There alignment is LG climate is similar to Midwest cold winters hot summers; they have an order of knight archers known as Order of the Golden Bow. At the moment there having trouble with

-Kyregrode - a CE nation mostly swampy regions, they have made many attempts of taking the fertile land from the Lumini, but much of there forces consist of the monstrous type and have little planning on there side especially fighting within the foresty boarders of Lumini, and the

-Narham – also LG, the eastern most country on the continent populated by seafaring folk enjoy flashy wear, (Shiny breast plate, large polished helms, sharp untarnished blades militaristic folk following rank and duty) have been sending marines to distract the Kyregrode leaving a blockade around there major ports. Many onboard the ships are part of an order of knights LG (Platinum Knights) they help out when they can. But in the north west the Hoard of White Chaos approach, taking over mountainous reasons clamed by the Lumini seeing that this might be a possible threat from the kingdom of

-Luxem – an almost all snowy region home to the Hoards of White Chaos pushed them back being unable to expand there borders another way due to the kingdom just south of Luxem

-Lotharie – this kingdom (LE) have a very elite force of Blue Dragoons that constantly parole there borders with draconic blue mounts, and there fabled city of Areilesa floating over a massive lake, they are looking to the east they border Lumini but are weary of the Order of the Golden Bow.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Droon

First Post
I will be using Invisible Castle for dice rolling.

Here's a map, I made it with photoshop:
[sblock]
LowRezMap.jpg
[/sblock]
Battle maps will be like this:
[sblock]
Battle-MapSample.jpg
[/sblock]
Well, I'll try at least. My Photo Bucket account has many little characters HERE Choose what fits best there are like 250 of them.

Charberus

First Post
I am interested. I will be a Dwarven Duskblade. Will post details later. Just thought I would let ya know about my idea.

Remove ads