D&D 5E DnDBeyond leaks Dark Sun?

darjr

I crit!
I dint know it actually means anything but it is interesting and I love speculation so here is Nerd Immersion showing a possible leak.

62A71FD2-D2DA-4ADC-975C-9214C60DF0AA.png

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Considering they just announced their slate for the next year-and-a-half, if this is somehow a proper leak it's not something we'll even see in UA packets until around the time the revised core comes out in 2024. Unless they're going to use the space saved with backgrounds and races to drop in the artificer and the psionicist into the PHB.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I dint know it actually means anything but it is interesting and I love speculation so here is Nerd Immersion showing a possible leak.

View attachment 259586

Given all the other extant lines of evidence, it seems to me that this reinforces the idea that "Doomspace" was slated to be "Athaspace" until very late in development. So I don't see a Dark Dun product coming soon, but more evidence of a reflected Dark Sun cameo in Spelljammer.

For the future, my money is on Dark Sun being a strong possibility for a follow-up to the Dragonlance AP/board game crossover if that takes off.

darjr

I crit!
It takes a while to develop these games and they could have started on products for the following years, including the coding.

Maybe.

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I don't think they announced 100% of their products.
Maybe. Isn't their "ramped up" schedule 5 books a year? Isn't that what they've announced. They might sneak a surprise book in there. Sure, I guess that's possible. But I'm not holding my breath.
It takes a while and they could have started on products for the following years, including the coding.
Maybe. But that doesn't seem likely. Only because they have so many other books between now and whenever that might come out. A glitch revealing the name of a Giant background, or something from Many Things, sure. But a background name from a book that's at least 2 years out? That strains credibility.

darjr

I crit!
Maybe. Isn't their "ramped up" schedule 5 books a year? Isn't that what they've announced. They might sneak a surprise book in there. Sure, I guess that's possible. But I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe. But that doesn't seem likely. Only because they have so many other books between now and whenever that might come out. A glitch revealing the name of a Giant background, or something from Many Things, sure. But a background name from a book that's at least 2 years out? That strains credibility.
Not really. Do you know when they start working on books? I don’t, not really but I think It’s at least two years. And if they are trying to get ahead if any UAs that might start sooner. Especially sooner if it’s a thing that might have been set aside for a bit.

But yea, I’m speculating. I just don’t think it’s as unlikely as you seem to. No worries.

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Given all the other extant lines of evidence, it seems to me that this reinforces the idea that "Doomspace" was slated to be "Athaspace" until very late in development. So I don't see a Dark Dun product coming soon, but more evidence of a reflected Dark Sun cameo in Spelljammer.

For the future, my money is on Dark Sun being a strong possibility for a follow-up to the Dragonlance AP/board game crossover if that takes off.
Yeah, didn’t he just make a homebrew copy of a Spelljammer background and get told it was too similar to “Athasian Dunetrader?” I think the obvious explanation here is that the background he copied was originally named Athasian Dunetrader and got its name changed along with Athasspace being changed to Doomspace.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, didn’t he just make a homebrew copy of a Spelljammer background and get told it was too similar to “Athasian Dunetrader?” I think the obvious explanation here is that the background he copied was originally named Athasian Dunetrader and got its name changed along with Athasspace being changed to Doomspace.
Yea, and weirdly the one that keyed this is the Magic Initiate (Cleric) Background about a deep Astral traveller who has made personal contact with a God of secret knowledge...so it's a weird refluff for an "Arhasian Dune Trader" really.

Remove ads