• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do chaotic Paladins have a name?

victorysaber

First Post
Like, Paladins are Lawful Good.

Blackguards are Lawful Evil.

How about Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil divine warriors? Do they have a specific name?

Clerics?

Well, there's Holy Liberator for CG (Complete Divine) and the Ravager (CE/NE) is not a spellcaster but a warrior devoted to Erythnul. Plus some CE types in Book of Vile Darkness.

But, really, cleric is supposed to be "holy warrior," not "village priest."

robberbaron

First Post
In my campaign they are called Paladins.

They are not expected to last for long due to their innate inability to conform.

Oh, evil paladins are also called paladins.

Remathilis

Legend
Dragon Mag named all 9 alignments of paladins in the 3.5 update issues (warriors, casters, evil classes) but I believe the term used was avenger. Beyond that the Holy liberator PrC is the only known CG paladin. Paladin of Freedom was in UA as well, but its not much of a title per se...

Shadeydm

First Post
victorysaber said:

How about Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil divine warriors? Do they have a specific name?

The Book of the Righteous had a nice spin on this concept called the holy warrior and although it is a v3.0 book I believe there is a v3.5 update for the holy warrior class available as a cheap PDF.

Sejs

First Post
Paladins are LG.

Blackguards can be any evil.

UA has Paladins of Freedom (Chaotic Good), Paladins of Tyranny (Lawful Evil), and Paladins of Slaughter (Chaotic Evil).

victorysaber said:

IMC a chaotic paladin is caled Crusader... a Lawfull Good paladin also is called crusader...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads