• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do created beings have nipples and navels?

Many of these creatures resemble humans.

Maybe some come out of vats with useless organs, and others don't. Maybe having navels is recessive or something (which makes no sense in a fantasy-genetics/creatured creature world) ^^

Shemeska

Adventurer
And as it concerns outsider nipples and naughty bits and such: many, many, many outsiders sexually reproduce, so those things aren't superfluous.

Of the major planar races, only Archons, Modrons, and Baatezu don't sexually reproduce their own kind. Modrons are genderless, and Archons likely retain such things because they're all derived from petitioners and their forms are simply being influenced by their earlier status as mortals. Baatezu are almost exclusively mortal derived, so probably something similar there as well, plus it helps them relate to mortals better than being sexless.

Goblinoid Games

First Post
Hmmmmm...

Well, I'd say that simulcrum would have nipples since they are supposed to emulate a person. Golems would not, of course, unless the creator wanted it that way.

Now anyone born in a vat might not have a belly button, but might have other interesting insertion points for feeding tubes and the like.

Oh, and why do men have nipples? I'd say that from an evolutionary perspective you'd have to somehow link the presense of nipples to a characteristic of females that males do not share. There are some mammals in which the males actually do not have nipples.

Sorry, I'm an anthropologist and it just slipped out a bit on that last part...

The Edge

First Post
Heres another question for this enjoyable mess of a thread. How in the hells do mermaids give birth? I roughly know how most fish reproduce, kinda swiming along side each other and leting it all float out. Or so I heard. But what about birth or ...er...egging ?

(wtf. egging? :\ )

Remove ads