• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do I need glasses?

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Eternalknight said:
Just tried this, could read it with both eyes open, and my right eye shut; but with my left eye shut it was al ittle blurry.
This sounds familiar. It is the reverse for me. I had PRK corrective surgery and my left eye is still blurry. If you never want to wear glasses or contacts then surgery may be an option for you.

ssampier

First Post
Eternalknight said:
Just tried this, could read it with both eyes open, and my right eye shut; but with my left eye shut it was al ittle blurry.

Sounds like your right eye is 20/20, but your left eye needs correction. Or, you may have an astigmatism. Of course, I'm not a doctor. :confused:

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Frukathka said:
Eye surgery has not been perfected, it can leave you worse off for wear, with a possibility of going blind permanently.
Well it didn't really take with my left eye which is the bad one. It is possible that with another surgery it will work. I can see out of it which is good but sometimes its a little blurry.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
This online eye test might help:

eyechart.jpg

Then again, maybe not. ;)

:D

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Frukathka said:
Eye surgery has not been perfected, it can leave you worse off for wear, with a possibility of going blind permanently.

As someone in the optical industry I would say that, unless you have a very strong Rx, eye surgery is the last thing you should be looking at (haha). Wearing glasses or contacts is not the end of the world and it is far less risky than some of the horrific things I have seen eye surgeons do to patients (and I live in Canada!).

A good friend of mine had laser surgery to correct his Rx (at about -6.00 with quite a bit of astigmatism) and I was very worried for him. I urged him to go to a reputable place (not the guy who was offering "2for1" pricing on his surgeries :confused: ) and, thankfully, all went well. He still will need reading glasses in a few years but his distance correction was near perfect.

Lord Foul

First Post
I had the same problem. I would get headaches after reading, playing video games, or being on the computer for over an hour at a time. I only need glasses to read or be on the computer and no longer have any headaches or blurred vision after doing those activities.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads