• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you DM?

Do you GM

• Yes I GM at least occasionally.

Votes: 350 96.2%
  • No, I exclusively (or almost exclusively) play.

Votes: 14 3.8%

Grymar

Explorer
I go both ways (EEK!). I run an Eberron game and I play in two others (my group rotates campaigns every few sessions).

I came late to buying books, only starting about 18 months ago (after a decade or so out of the hobby), so my buying dollar has been dedicated to building up my library. I focus on core rules and Eberron at this point. I have yet to buy an off the shelf adventure, but I did buy one back issue of Dungeon in order to run a game (#133, Chimes at Midnight).

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I predominantly DM. As for buying habits... I hate PDF products. I prefer a proper hardcopy book. These days my only interests are decent modules, monster sourcebooks and the WotC environment series. No interest in anything else.

As often as possible. Sadly for me, we've been committed to an Age of Worms campaign that's been going for a really long time now that someone else is running, so I've only had the chance to run a few one shots here and there the last... oh, two years or so.

Before that, I was running and I loved it. I think I'm a little bit more of a GM than a player at heart, although I enjoy both.

Severion

First Post
I DM exclusively, i don't buy PDFs (they tend to dissapear on my hard drive). As for buying adventures i still have 3 years worth of Dungeon mag. to mine to seek out new ones.

Treebore

First Post
I'm Castle Keeper/DM/GM/Referee most of the time. Mostly because it is rare for me to find a CK/DM/GM/Ref that I like playing the game/campaign of.

For the last year or so most of my "play time" has been in my kids efforts to learn to run games.

Which was a surprising learning experience for me. I had forgotten what my early games were like and why they were fun. My kids have reminded me and I have changed my game mastering style to return to that, to an extent. I am not going back to full Monty Haul, but I am going closer to it. My games had become too rigid and too reality based. I have reawakended the "wonder" parts of my imagination and put them back into my games.

Treebore

First Post
Forgot about buying habits. I buy adventures in a heart beat, when they are in print.

So when you guys finish Burning Sky and offer it in print, like has been recently done with a few ENWorld products, I'll buy it.

I only buy short adventures in PDF. Running "Against the Giants" from PDF taught me that.

Seeker95

First Post
I would recommend expanding the poll (as a new poll, so I can vote in it) with the following options:

1. I GM almost exclusively.
2. I GM more than I play.
3. I GM and play in roughly equal measure.
4. I play more than I GM.
5. I play almost exclusively.

You will get a better assessment of potential buyers, and also see a more accurate representation of the distribution of the viewership on this site. As it is currently phrased, anyone in parts 2-4 really had to guess which extreme to select.

Vanuslux

Explorer
I almost exclusively DM. I prefer it to playing.

With any luck, I'll actually get to start running The War of the Burning Sky this coming Sunday.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads