• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you DM?

Do you GM

• Yes I GM at least occasionally.

Votes: 350 96.2%
  • No, I exclusively (or almost exclusively) play.

Votes: 14 3.8%

JustKim said:
I DM and I like to vote in polls, but I am not a potential buyer. Burning Sky doesn't interest me, sorry.
Indeed. Just because one DM's doesn't mean that they're likely to buy a specific module.

Roadkill101

Explorer
I GM almost exclusively for my group. Most of my 26 years experience gaming has been as a GM. When I do play, it sometimes feels kinda weird not to be the one running the show.

the Jester

Legend
I'm the 'alpha dm' of our group, and run far more often than I play.

On the other hand, several of the other players in our group run games as well, many of which I participate in. (My knight is 11th level!)

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
It's no surprise to me that nearly everyone who posts here DM's on a regular basis.

In my most recent group (formed through ENWorld), the two characters I've run when others have been the DM have sucked: not enough personality, horrible dice rolls, bland roleplaying. I've only been running for three weeks, but my NPC's have outshined six months of my characters already.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Treebore said:
Forgot about buying habits. I buy adventures in a heart beat, when they are in print.

So when you guys finish Burning Sky and offer it in print, like has been recently done with a few ENWorld products, I'll buy it.

I only buy short adventures in PDF. Running "Against the Giants" from PDF taught me that.

Actually, each adventure is already available in print, through our print storefront at Lulu (http://stores.lulu.com/enpublishing).

We want to do a compilation at the end, but even that might have to be split in two, since the printer can't go any higher than 800 pages, and each adventure has been at least 50 pages, plus the accessories on the side.

I know EN World must have different demographics than most D&D playing populations, but then again out of the 20+ people in my local group of gaming friends, I think all of us have run a game before.

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Thanee said:
I vastly prefer hardcopy books (and the vast majority of those is rulebooks/settings/sourcebooks for various game systems... in the last six months or so, I bought books for at least five different games... and the grand total of one adventure).
You can buy the War of the Burning Sky adventures in softback at Lulu.

Edit: D'OH! RW beat me to it.

Hobo said:
Indeed. Just because one DM's doesn't mean that they're likely to buy a specific module.

Of course. What I'm interested in, though, is getting a sense of how many people at EN World DM at all, and of them how many are interested in this particular campaign. And, y'know, not just E.N. Pub's stuff, but any publisher's adventures. Who here uses Dungeon, for instance? Or Goodman Games?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
RangerWickett said:
Of course. What I'm interested in, though, is getting a sense of how many people at EN World DM at all, and of them how many are interested in this particular campaign. And, y'know, not just E.N. Pub's stuff, but any publisher's adventures. Who here uses Dungeon, for instance? Or Goodman Games?
I am a DM. I do have a subscription to Dungeon mag. Other than that though, I am just not a big fan of buying adventures, unless they can be woven together into an AP like adventure-story. However, I fully intend to support WotBS, after all products are released. I'll wait and see if the compilation comes out, as that is how I'd prefer it.

Treebore

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Actually, each adventure is already available in print, through our print storefront at Lulu (http://stores.lulu.com/enpublishing).

We want to do a compilation at the end, but even that might have to be split in two, since the printer can't go any higher than 800 pages, and each adventure has been at least 50 pages, plus the accessories on the side.

I know EN World must have different demographics than most D&D playing populations, but then again out of the 20+ people in my local group of gaming friends, I think all of us have run a game before.

Cool! I wasn't aware you were having it available for print in a piecemeal fashion.

Now are each of these parts going to have the same extra's included that you mention as part of the final compilation?

I haven't read the link you gave yet, so I may find the answer in there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads