Do you have an FLGS?

Do you have an FLGS?

• Yes

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 19.5%

Sort of?

The place in question focuses mainly on comics and the like but it does have an RPG, mostly D&D and Pathfinder, and CCG section and runs a Friday Night Magic thing regularly.

I was disappointed a while back when I asked if they had a bulletin board or anything that I could leave a LFG sheet on and was told to try contacting the local university's gaming club instead.

discosoc

First Post
I technically have access to one in the Anchorage area, but the reality seems to be that it's more focused on CCG's. 5E games were shoehorned into some weird Thursday afternoon timeslot that is probably only useful to high school kids. I would give anything for the hobby store monopoly up here to break.

SwivSnapshot

First Post
A close friend of mine owns my FLGS- Planet Chaos in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin- that's a 15 minute drive from home. There are another 2 or 3 within a 30 minute drive, and 3 more in a 45 minute drive.

I've heard that Wisconsin has the highest per capita number of game stores in the US, so I consider myself lucky.

Khaalis

Adventurer
We do have a local game shop but it focuses 90% on TCGs (like Magic), Boardgames, Card Games (like Munchkin), Warhammer, etc. Their RPG section is 2 small wracks in the back corner with a horrible selection. Mostly 5E and Pathfinder but a new player would be hard pressed to find the basics needed to play. Other games are a mere smattering at best and seemingly completely random choices other than a Fate Core book, a few of the new Shadowrun releases and 1-2 copies of some of the bigger competitors like 13th Age and Fantasy AGE, oh and 1 lone copy of Mouseguard.

Giorgicus

Explorer
Yes, many within 30 miles of my house here in Tampa, Florida. A combination of "card & video games only" and "RPGs + miniatures + board games + card games" FLGS; I have an "off from work" store about 25 mins away (Armada Games) and a "right next to work" store about 15 mins away (Critical Hit Games). I bounce between both as time (and budget) allows. :)

CydKnight

Explorer
I have two. One I would call friendly and one I would call semi-friendly.

I play two to three times a week at the privately owned friendly gaming store. It absolutely caters to Table Top Role Play Games (TTRPG) and the owner can occasionally be seen playing with other frequenters. All games are promoted and scheduled through Meetup.com and there are typically a dozen or more D&D games a week in addition to other regular games. You can also come in off the street and if they have a table open you can play what you want for $2. There is also a wide variety of board games which you can check out and play along with many accessories for just about any of the popular TTRPG's.

I have been inside the semi-friendly gaming store twice. It seems to cater more to on site video games for younger kids (under 12?). They have a small laser tag arena, several consoles set up with old and new game systems. They also carry a few board games and some TTRPG items but nothing like the friendly store in that regard. You can play TTRPG there but they do not go out of their way to promote or schedule any regular, open table gaming as the friendly store does.

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Do you have access to a friendly local gaming store?

I, sadly, do not. The closest is a shelf at the local Forbidden Planet, which sells some 5E, some Pathfinder, and I think I saw some FFG Star Wars. It has plenty of boardgames, but I don't consider it qualifies.
I have to say I'm surprised that a place the size of Southampton (that's where you are, right?) doesn't have a dedicated RPG/CCG shop.

So I suppose you'll just have to swing down to Portsmouth (yay Pompey! :) ) and try here: https://www.afistfulofdice.co.uk/shop

(disclaimer: I don't know these guys from anything, but it's the most promising hit that came up when I googled gaming shops in Portsmouth)

Lan-"though hatched and raised here in Canada I can claim Portsmouth heritage from my father, who was born there"-efan

Remove ads