• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you mark your books?

Do your mark your RPG books?

• Yes, I put my name in them.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Yes, I highlight / mark the text.

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Yes, but in non-damaging ways. (post-it notes, etc...)

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • No, I do not mark my books.

Votes: 46 47.4%

riotshieldnation

First Post
Oh, I'm fully aware that my RPG books have small to no collector value. My decision to not mark my RPG books isn't because I want to try and sell them at some point down the line. I have no plans to sell the vast majority (at least until it becomes an issue of space). I just like to keep my books in as pristine condition as possible. I'm sure many others are the same way.

Olaf the Stout

This. I don't really care for resale or collector's value, I just like to treat my things with respect. I don't like to damage my books, but if modifying them in some way would make them more useful, I'm ok with that. However, I'd rather do it in a way that could be undone were I to someday find the modification no longer useful.

I don't write my name on my books either, but were I to bring them somewhere where mixing of books might be an issue, I could possibly see myself writing my name in them.

krate

Explorer
Well, it depends. Most of my hobby books are unmarked- no name or highlighted passages. Heck, if I get a crease on a page I weep inside.

But I do put my name on some books, most notably army books for miniature wargames.

Yeah, weird huh? :-S

Remove ads