• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you miss the tortle?

wcpfish

First Post
I don't know about everyone else but I loved the bipedal turtle race known as Tortles that were introduced back in Dragon #315. I also grew up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Where is the 4e turtlefolk? 4E needs a hero who can kick some shell! Here it tis...

Firebird

Explorer
Well, to be honest, my players showed no desire to play a tortle. Ever.
They considered them an offshoot of the various "Fuzzy" anthropomorphic races and too silly to take seriously as a character.
A ninja tortle as a character in my campaign would take it in a direction that would break the fourth wall and would be denied on those grounds.
Great fit for some games, perhaps, just not for mine.

Greg K

Legend
I don't know about everyone else but I loved the bipedal turtle race known as Tortles that were introduced back in Dragon #315.

Nope. That may have been when they were introduced into 3e. They were introduced back in the 1980's. The earliest appearance that I know of was module x9 :The Savage Coast for the Dungeons and Dragons Expert Set.

Pentius

First Post
I didn't miss the tortle, or even know about the previous incarnations. Nice write up, though, I like the soup recipe.

Remove ads