• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you name your campaigns?

Do you name your campaigns?

• Yes

Votes: 107 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.7%

Rel

Liquid Awesome
We don't tend to name our campaigns outright. But they do tend to get named as we go along or after the fact, if for no other reason as a means of referencing them in conversation. Most often they are named by a particular place where most of the campaign took place or was centered on.

Once in a while we have one that takes on another sort of name due to an odd circumstance. One such game was my "Ancient Chinese Secret" campaign that got its name when one of the players commented, "We never actually LEARN anything. Every damn problem is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. This whole world is one big Ancient Chinese Secret!"

And of course there was the ill-fated but aptly-named, TPK Campaign. It ended abruptly and in a bit of a downer during the 5th session.

s/LaSH

First Post
Eventually. It didn't have a name at first, but after looking back on the first few sessions we decided Dungeon Damage made a good enough name (although we just call it 'The Campaign' in everyday conversation). I always named individual story arcs, though, although they rarely got revealed to the players - things like Tomb Of Dread and Labyrinth (pts 1 and 2). I called one Atamar when I should have called it Ratahos, seeing as Atamar was only around at the start of the adventure while Ratahos... oh well.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
I name them, but it's a relatively recent habit. Up until about three years ago, they were just games.

Personally, I blame having more than one gaming running in the same world, and trying to think of something snappy to put on storyhour titles :D

I game with four different groups that have some overlap (ranging in size from three people to seven), and try to balance am weekend game, a weeknight game, and a once-a-month game and a twice-a-month-if-we-have-time game.

As a result, we have multiple GMs, often running multiple games on different days. When we have to discuss scheduling, it's just easier to use game names that say "Owen's D&D game with mostly 8th level characters"

So currently, I run three D&D games and one Star Wars game. they are:

Halcyon
Middle Kingdoms: North
Middle Kingdoms: South
Shadows of the Rebellion.

I play in several other GM's games, including The Lords of Embria, The Chosen, Sovereign Kingdoms 7th Age, Plague World, Plague World: Islanders, Plague World: Railrunners and Keria.

Most games are named after the world or political group they are based around, but not all. And even so it sometimes gets confusing. At one time I ran several Sovereign Kingdoms games (Kings' Quest, Czardia, Aquitaine, Violet), and my wife was running one (The Emerald Eye), and my friend Carl was running one (Third Age). Now, thankfully, there's only one and Carl's running it.

Norfleet

First Post
I favor more descriptive names laden with foreshadowing.

My last campaign I ran several years back was named "YOU WILL ALL DIE! MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!". The one that came before that was named "THE STREETS WILL FLOW WITH THE BLOOD OF THE NONBELIEVERS!".

Remove ads