Do you read manga?

I used to read a lot of manga (back when I used to watch a lot of anime, too), but I have tapered off a lot in the last decade or two. I feel very old typing that.

The only manga I've really kept up with for a while now is stuff by Junji Ito. Uzumaki is probably my all time favorite manga. I read Black Paradox not too long ago. I've got a copy of No Longer Human that's been waiting on the shelf for a while.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
EDIT: I also buy (but cannot read because my Japanese is poor) Fuuto Tantei and Kamen Rider Spirits from Japan. Just love the property so buy it to thumb through.
I bought a bunch of full manga series when I was in Japan (twenty years ago now; I'm so freakin' old), mailing back entire sets of Dragon Ball, Ushio & Tora, Love Hina, and a few others. My reading comprehension was (and still is) nowhere near good enough to read them in their native Japanese with any ease on my part, but I still wanted to have them.

Recently, a friend turned me on to Google Lens, where you point your phone at text and it translates it into another language in real-time right on the screen. It's made me pull those old volumes off the shelf and give them another look.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Lupin the Third is the only one I read. Liked it, but have not read much of even that.

Atomoctba

Adventurer
Yep. I would also wonder at the age brackets when looking for an overlap of the "gamer" and "manga fan" circles.
This and where in the world of you are. In most extreme case, Japanese read manga, gamers or not. In Brazil, mangas started to become popular in 90s, when I was around 20. So most younger readers by now already read both western comics and mangas.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Yup, I love me some manga. Fullmetal Alchemist is my favorite, but I've also read quite a bit of One Punch Man and I've recently gotten into Tokyo Ghoul.

One Punch Man is such an interesting study in depression.

Remove ads