Do you run a solo adventure?

Wombat

First Post
JesterPoet said:
I was thinking of running a solo adventure for my wife. So I have a few questions:

1) Do you run a solo adventure?

2) If so, how do you scale it? Do you provide the character with NPC companions a lot? Is it fun?

3) Do you drink Tea, Coffee, both, or neither?

I've run dozens of solo adventures over the years. I've run them using CoC, RuneQuest, Over the Edge, Castle Falkenstein and Ars Magica.

I set up the adventure with the character in mind, scaling everything to what the player wants. Usually I run solos as part of a wider campaign, when one player wants to explore some side of his/her character that wouldn't come up in a standard adventure. Sometimes the player is interested in combat; often it is an emotional or social issue. So "scaling" is a matter of fitting a specific adventure to a specific individual. If the character would logically have "helpers" along, so be it.

I drink coffee if nothing else is available. As for tea, I love keemun, sencha, pinhead gunpowder, and mint leaves. I love my tea and have switched my gamers over to it, as I have no coffee at my apartment, but I do have a very large teapot :D

Trainz

Explorer
Trainz said:
I'm about to start a solo now.

Yesterday, my friend came over and we rolled his character (8th level) and his two cohorts (4th level each). Today, I prepared the adventure. Tomorrow night, we play the first game. Solo gaming is fun !
Wow. We've finished the first game session. It was a BLAST ! I like this solo more than my regular group game.

Awesome !

MonsterMash

First Post
I'm probably going to run some solos soon in addition to my regular group game, but it may depend on whether I start a second group game soon. Lots of useful info from here.

Tea or coffee or herb tea, but not mixed

Got to admit to me solo means one player in a programmed setting or a randomly generated scenario rather than one on one (DM vs Player)

Remove ads