• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Want 400 New Magic Items For Your D&D 5E Game?

If so, you're in luck - because Paradigm Concepts is holding a Kickstarter to do just that! "Forged in Magic: REFORGED adds over 400+ magic items to your 5E campaign – from magical weapons and armors, rings, and shields to mystical potions, magical staffs and a myriad of wondrous items. Forged in Magic: REFORGED doesn’t just provide a list of items and their properties, but many also have a backstory on its creation or history. While these stories are set in the Arcanis: World of Shattered Empires campaign setting, the rich detail can help you place these in any published setting or your own home made campaign." They've kindly sent me along an exclusive preview of the upcoming book.

If so, you're in luck - because Paradigm Concepts is holding a Kickstarter to do just that! "Forged in Magic: REFORGED adds over 400+ magic items to your 5E campaign – from magical weapons and armors, rings, and shields to mystical potions, magical staffs and a myriad of wondrous items. Forged in Magic: REFORGED doesn’t just provide a list of items and their properties, but many also have a backstory on its creation or history. While these stories are set in the Arcanis: World of Shattered Empires campaign setting, the rich detail can help you place these in any published setting or your own home made campaign." They've kindly sent me along an exclusive preview of the upcoming book.

The Kickstarter launched earlier today. $35 for the full-colour book (not counting shipping) or $15 for the PDF. It's 160-pages, soft back, in full-colour, and stretch goals increase the size and upgrade it to hardcover.

FiM Page_Enworld Exclusive_final.jpg

PCIHenry

Explorer
In less than 24 hours, we've reached the halfway point to funding! Awesome job!

To celebrate we'll be updating our Stretch Goal chart to include the Hardback Edition level at $13,000.

This means that everyone who pledged at the $35 level will get their book upgraded automatically to a hardback (which will likely retail for $45) at no extra cost. An instant $10 savings!

But to reach this goal, we need your help. Please share our Kickstarter with all your friends and spread the word on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media outlet you prefer. Let's get this book funded and crack that Hardback goal!

Also, like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ParadigmConceptsInc/

If we unlock the Hardback, we'll be able to offer a limited edition Kickstarter exclusive leather-bound edition of Forged in Magic: Reforged with your name or character's name foil stamped on the cover.

So help spread the word and again, thank you!

http://tinyurl.com/ForgedinMagic

dmnqwk

Explorer
I think my biggest concern with this item is that the two weapons previewed contain "+1 to attack and damage."

A throwback to previous magical weapons, I don't believe it was necessary to include 5th edition bonuses so prevalent on items, because bounded accuracy is designed to ensure those bonuses are not required (thus meaning if they become common on items, then power creep sets in).

I would've been interested in this item were most of the magical weapons designed with 5th edition in mind, and not risking trying to reclaim previous editions' design intents.

sidonunspa

First Post
I think my biggest concern with this item is that the two weapons previewed contain "+1 to attack and damage."

A throwback to previous magical weapons, I don't believe it was necessary to include 5th edition bonuses so prevalent on items, because bounded accuracy is designed to ensure those bonuses are not required (thus meaning if they become common on items, then power creep sets in).

We do have quite a few magic weapons and armor with no bonus to hit or damage in the book...

The sword of wonder (a sword that can morph into any type sword as a bonus action) comes to mind as far a few others... no bonus to hit or damage.

Sarishan steel weapons, bypass the damage resistance of any infernal (fiends) and tempered Sarishan steel weapons which deal additional damage against infernals... again no bonus to hit or damage.

Additionally there is the rune system... you can give your party a weapon engraved with a lesser fire rune, the rune makes the weapon magical, it deals +1 of additional fire damage, can be used to shed light, and start small fires.

I would've been interested in this item were most of the magical weapons designed with 5th edition in mind, and not risking trying to reclaim previous editions' design intents.

All the items (stat wise) have been designed from the ground up with 5e in mind...

We have been using core rules as a guideline (note: the vast majority of magical weapons give some kind of bonus to hit.)

I hope this served to aleve your concerns...

if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

PCIHenry

Explorer
We're 48 hours in and 80% of the way to our goal of making Forged in Magic: REFORGED a reality! With your enthusiasm and help in spreading the word to you friends and fellow players, we should hit that goal in no time! Thank you!

Forged in Magic: REFORGED is more than just a compendium of magic items. It will also include a list of new weapons, archetypes (like mystic Ehtzara, an archetype for the Warlock) and the Rune system.

The Rune System allows the DM to introduce low powered magic items into the campaign (although more powerful runes do exist) and let's players transfer effects they like from one item to another. All runes must be placed on non-magical items and can be inscribed upon weapons, armor (including shields) and clothing that acts like armor, such as robes.

For example, when the Lesser Fire Rune is inscribed upon a non-magical weapon it grants +1 fire damage, acts as a light source and can set small flammable items on fire.

When the Avalanche Rune is inscribed on a shield, it grants Advantage when performing a Shove attack.

These are just two examples of the many runes you'll find in Forged in Magic: REFORGED. We're excited to bring this multipurpose book to your gaming table and appreciate your help in getting us to our goal.

Let me leave you with one of my favorite pieces of art in the book:

View attachment 76337

dmnqwk

Explorer
Yes it did.

With regards to the book, do you have a list of the items (name only) as a teaser to show people how varied the options are? As a lover of all things treasure I can definitely be coerced by well-named items.

PCIHenry

Explorer
Hello dmnqwk,

The Table of Contents and Index are the last thing to be generated, as we do have Reward Level Options and Stretch Goals that add items and pages to the book, so I don't have a comprehensive list to give you, sorry.

Here are a couple selected at random from the manuscript:

Bodice of the Sacred Harlot, Ymandrake Spellweaver Armor, Battle-Harness of the Manticore, Drusus of the Indomitable Gladiator, Dust of Ephemeral Allies, Grimm's Armband of Ever-ready Blades, Talisman of Lost Love's Despair, Amulet of Independent Anatomy and many more.

Vorpal Puppy

First Post
Hello dmnqwk,

The Table of Contents and Index are the last thing to be generated, as we do have Reward Level Options and Stretch Goals that add items and pages to the book, so I don't have a comprehensive list to give you, sorry.

Here are a couple selected at random from the manuscript:

Bodice of the Sacred Harlot, Ymandrake Spellweaver Armor, Battle-Harness of the Manticore, Drusus of the Indomitable Gladiator, Dust of Ephemeral Allies, Grimm's Armband of Ever-ready Blades, Talisman of Lost Love's Despair, Amulet of Independent Anatomy and many more.

I think if any of the characters in my group found the Amulet of Independent Anatomy, they would never go adventuring again.

PCIHenry

Explorer
[MENTION=35825]Vorpal[/MENTION] Bunny - Really? That was one of the most favorite (and useful) item my groups have enjoyed. All it takes is a bit of an imagination and ingenuity and it can be quite the potent tool.

Vorpal Puppy

First Post
Haha, I think you misread me there. I just mean that the people in my group would inevitably find...certain uses for such an item. It actually sounds fantastic.

And I can see where a bit if imagination would come in handy.

Remove ads

Remove ads