Do your Political Views shape how your villains and heroes act?

As I lean libertarian

Some of my favorite works of sf/f involve unusual politics and social structures. The Nehwon stories by Fritz Leiber, the Bas-Lag novels by China Mieville, the Majipoor chronicles of Robert Silverberg, the Viriconium stories of M. John Harrison . . .

For my roleplaying game campaign I prefer players who are either fellow-libertarians, or simply interested in politics even if they don't agree with me.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Some of my favorite works of sf/f involve unusual politics and social structures. The Nehwon stories by Fritz Leiber, the Bas-Lag novels by China Mieville, the Majipoor chronicles of Robert Silverberg, the Viriconium stories of M. John Harrison . . .

For my roleplaying game campaign I prefer players who are either fellow-libertarians, or simply interested in politics even if they don't agree with me.

I work backwards. I don't particularly care for potential player's politics. And any politics will be window dressing to the campaign/plot. I mean I'm a luddite with a particular disdain of A.I., but you'd be hard pressed to ever find a campaign that is about seizing the means of production and topple down the evil robot overlords...

Remove ads