Dockside Diversion/Still Waters

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric continues after the fleeing one, "Come back here! The party ain't over, numb nuts."

The fighter squeezes after him, loosening his shield and then letting it and his flail drop to the ground. Quickly drawing out his guisarme, he lashes out to try and hook the thug's ankle.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Move to K8 & loosen shield
Standard Action: Trip Baggett; Improved Trip (1d20+11=18) - Doesn't count squeezing
Free Action: Talking & Quick Draw Guisarme; Dropping shield and Flail
AoO: AoO Guisarme (1d20+11=12, 2d4+4=9)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night)

Current Weapon in Hand: Guisarme
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
Syl steps closer to the fleeing thug and decides to try his sleep jinx for a second time. "Go to sleep, big guy!"
Will Dc 17 vs. the Slumber effect.

Syl statblock: [sblock]
Syl Human Witch 5
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 13 (13 touch; 11 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4
In Hand: Nothing

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands, Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Heroism
Hexes DC 17
  • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Syl steps closer to the fleeing thug and decides to try his sleep jinx for a second time. "Go to sleep, big guy!"
Will Dc 17 vs. the Slumber effect.

Gerald, you MUST give coordinates with your movement. I can't determine exactly where you mean when you say 'steps closer'. That could be a 5 ft step into one of several squares or it could be more movement than that. Take a look at Perrin's 'Action' sblock; that's how I prefer actions to be detailed. I'll accept a simple 'Moves to [coord]' or '5 ft step to [coord]' but I have to have that at a minimum before I can make an accurate update.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
It is more a narrow space between two buildings than an alley but Borric manages to squeeze into it all the same. His armor scrapes gouges in the old planks of the buildings walls and it is by some miracle that he is able to bring his guisarme to bear but the tight quarters prevent him from actually maneuvering enough to bring down Mr. Baggett despite the half-orc’s vulnerability.

Sylvain intones a hex upon the half-orc but he must have some sort of supernatural protector as he shrugs off the sleep effect. Waltor scuttles around in Sylvain’s pocket agitated by the failure of Sylvain’s hex.

Tamm continues to wail about his incapacity as he struggles to his feet still rubbing at his watering eyes. "Ai! Ye’ve ruined me! I'll be indigent! Livin' on the mercy of the folk in this heartless town! Ai!" His clumsy actions leave him open to attack.

Baggett cautiously moves from the alley through the patch of grease left by Nathan’s mote and in the process leaves himself open to attack by Borric.

[sblock=Borric & Zelena]There is a note to Tamm’s melodramatic wailing that sparks suspicion in the both of you.[/sblock]
OOC: Combat: Round 4
[sblock=Combat Information]Before we get to the party's actions we need to resolve AoO.
Tamm provokes from Borric, Zelena, & Nathan as he stands up at the end of round three.
In round four, Baggett provokes from Borric as he leaves a threatened square.
I have one previously rolled AoO from Borric, I just need to know if/how you all are taking them and get rolls from you.

Initiative:
Baggett
The Party
Tamm

Map:

Party Status:
Borric: 53/53 hp remaining;
Nathan: 32/32 hp remaining;
Sylvain: 42/42 hp remaining;
Zelena: 34/34 hp remaining; [6 nonlethal]
Celebfedhiin: 13/13 hp remaining;

Abilities Used:
Spells Cast: Nathan: Glitterdust, Grease; Sylvain: Slumber hex (x2)
Conditions in Effect: Nathan: Mage Armor; Sylvain: Mage Armor

Enemy Status:
Baggett (half-orc): 12 dmg.
Tamm (gnome): [2 nonlethal]; blind 2/5?, sitting

Map Notes:
[/sblock]
GM: Awaiting results of pending AoOs (Round 3/4).

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan briefly considers trying to trip the little man, but decides pain is probably his best chance at motivation. He swings with the sickle, but it's been so long since he's had to use a melee weapon that the attack is horribly awkward.

[sblock=ooc]Sickle AoO; Damage (1d20+2=6, 1d6=6)

I don't imagine that hits, but with -4 from prone, -2 from blinded, and no Dex bonus from blinded, it's faintly possible that hit.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"Where do you think you are going... get yourself back here, sit down, and shut up, before something really bad happens to you." the takes her axe and swipes at the Tamm

((AoO with side of Battle Axe 1d20+6=20 for 1d6+1=2 non-lethal))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: mithral battle axe +1 +6 (1d6+1)
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider (d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis (d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Wil)l Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 6 of 6 rounds remaing; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Despite various opportunities to make the assaulting thugs pay, Zelena is the only one to make good on her attack. She gives Tamm another <thwack> on the skull eliciting another round of wailings from the gnome.

Baggett gingerly steps through the grease and avoids Borric's attack as he does so. Once clear he takes off down the alley and disappears around a bend to the left.

OOC: Combat: Round 4
[sblock=Combat Information]Sorry, posting from work so I don't have an updated map ready. If you need to post partial actions then wait for an update so I can relay info (such as when you get to a corner you haven't previously seen around) I've no problem with that.

Initiative:
Baggett
The Party
Tamm

Map:

Party Status:
Borric: 53/53 hp remaining;
Nathan: 32/32 hp remaining;
Sylvain: 42/42 hp remaining;
Zelena: 34/34 hp remaining; [6 nonlethal]
Celebfedhiin: 13/13 hp remaining;

Abilities Used:
Spells Cast: Nathan: Glitterdust, Grease; Sylvain: Slumber hex (x2)
Conditions in Effect: Nathan: Mage Armor; Sylvain: Mage Armor
Glitterdust 2/5 remaining
Grease 5 min. remaining

Enemy Status:
Baggett (half-orc): 12 dmg.
Tamm (gnome): [4 nonlethal]; blind 2/5?

Map Notes:
[/sblock]
GM: Everyone is up for Round Four

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Despite not being happy with the lucky bastard getting away, Borric still cannot effectively pursue, the grease on the other side being too much risk for him to try.

"Lass, maybe you can catch that half-orc fooker. I will deal with the lil' blighter back here."

Turning around to switch places with Selena, he draws out his sap and lashes out at the gnome.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Delay until Zelana moves out of K9, then 5ft step to K9
Free Action: Talking & Quick draw sap
Standard Action: Melee Attack Tamm; Sap (1d20+8=13, 1d6+3=6)
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night)

Current Weapon in Hand: Guisarme (off-hand) & Sap (right)
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads