Dockside Diversion/Still Waters

GlassEye

Adventurer
Despite being prone Tamm continues to try to wriggle his way out of his precarious position. He snaps his sap at Celebfedhiin in an effort to unseat Zelena but he fails to connect.

Sylvain thinks he's managed to avoid the notice of the thugs until Baggett glances down and catches the witch peeking up through slitted eyes. For a brief moment Sylvain thinks the half-orc isn't going to do anything to him but Baggett, seeing the tough spot that Tamm has gotten himself into, obviously needs to clear space for Tamm to retreat into.

"You're goin' nowhere!"

Baggett takes a step back and nonchalantly reaches down to rap Sylvain on the skull knocking him into unconsciousness again.

The noise from down the alleyway resolves itself into a pair of burly, brown-scaled lizardfolk. Aldino can be glimpsed tottering along behind.

"Put down your arms!"

OOC: Combat: Round 9
[sblock=Combat Information]Sylvain: 25 points of nonlethal dmg., 17 converted to lethal dmg.

Initiative:
Baggett
The Party
Tamm

Map:

Party Status:
Borric: 53/53 hp remaining;
Nathan: 32/32 hp remaining;
Sylvain: 42/42 hp remaining; 17 dmg; [42 nonlethal]; prone; unconscious; helpless
Zelena: 34/34 hp remaining;
Celebfedhiin: 13/13 hp remaining;

Abilities Used:
Spells Cast: Nathan: Glitterdust, Grease, Bless; Sylvain: Slumber hex (x2); Zelena: Channel Energy
Conditions in Effect: Nathan: Mage Armor; Sylvain: Mage Armor
Bless: 5 minutes

Enemy Status:
Baggett (half-orc): 26 dmg.;
Tamm (gnome): 35 dmg.; [11 nonlethal]; prone

Map Notes:
[/sblock]
GM: Everyone is up for Round Nine.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Seeing Aldino with the newcomers, Nathan makes a guess as to their station. He quickly stows his sickle and holds his hands out to show them empty.

"Just protecting our friend from these ruffians, as you can see, officers?" Nathan says, nodding to Aldino first, then the again-unconscious Sylvain.

[sblock=actions]Move: return sickle to belt
Standard: Readied action: Magic Missile against Baggett again if he moves against the guard. Otherwise, Nathan's submitting to questioning[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Bless (5 minutes)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 14): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 15): Bless, Grease (DC 16), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/7
2nd (DC 16): Glitterdust (DC 17), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 17, missing focus). Remaining: 4/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena calls to Ral once again for his healing to help Syl, and commands the hound pointing at Tamm, "Bite that piece of garbage if he moves."

((Channel Energy once again 2d6=10. Celebfedhiin readies to chow down on gnome if he moves... ))

[sblock=Zelena's Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 3/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +13
Conditions:
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +5 Ref: +6 Will: +9
In Hand: mithral battle axe +1 +6 (1d6+1)
Spells: Divine
  • (0-level - DC 13) Create Water, Detect Magic, Mending, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 14) Bless, Command, Protection from Evil, Longstrider (d);
  • (2nd level - DC 15) Grace, Spiritual Weapon, Remove Paralysis (d)
Arcane Spell Slots
  • (0-level - DC 12 - At Will) Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
  • (1st level - DC 13 - 3 of 4 slots remaining): Grease, Silent Image, Vanish
Bard Song: 4 of 6 rounds remaing; Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 3 of 3 rounds remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

OOC: Same conditional actions if Tamm is KO'd and Baggett doesn't surrender
Borric gets ready to bonk the gnome on the head to knock him out with the flail's handle.

"Drop the weapon, ya lil' drekhead! They are talking to you."

[sblock=Actions]Standard Action: Melee attack Tamm if you doesn't surrender, Readied Flail (non-lethal) (1d20+8=19, 1d8+6=14)
Free Action: Talking & 5ft step to K10 if Tamm is KO'd
Move Action: stow flail if Tamm is KO'd to have Guisarme two-handed. If Baggett tries to flee at that point, AoO will be to trip him.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 23 (26 with shield, 21 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +8 CMD: 21 (23 vs. Trip/Disarm) Fort: +7 Reflex: +4 Will: +3 (+4 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (night)

Current Weapon in Hand: Guisarme (off-hand) & Flail (right, maybe)
Chakram: 2/2 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
The lizardfolk guard, of which you can now see at least two more behind Aldino, glance at Nathan and, seeing his compliance with their orders, move their attention to the greater threat: the non-compliant soldier beating the gnome sprawled on the ground.

Zelena orders Celebfedhiin to break off and then floods the area with her healing.

Sylvain again comes to consciousness amidst Waltor’s non-stop chittering about ”Guards arriving…” with the realization that Baggett is no longer standing directly over him although the half-orc is still within reach and dangerous.

”Help! I’m being…”

Tamm is clearly not surrendering and, worse yet, beginning to attempt to talk his way out of trouble when Borric cuts off that line of retreat with a solid thump to the skull that knocks the little ruffian out cold. A shift of position and a switch of weapons puts Borric ready to trip up Baggett if he flees.

After a month of travel with Sekmun you all have learned to read, at the least, basic lizardfolk expression: these two, and the three behind Aldino are not happy and growing less so by the moment.

[sblock=Borric]Borric seems to be the only one to have noticed that something long and slender (stick-like) slipped from Tamm's hand when Borric knocked him out.[/sblock]
OOC: Combat: Round 9
[sblock=Combat Information]
GM: Songdragon, commands given to Celebfedhiin take a move action and are at DC 10. In this situation, with Tamm threatening and still moving Celebfedhiin would continue to attack, even if commanded to ‘defend’, unless ordered to break off. Since your intent seems to be to have Celebfedhiin hold off attacking unless Tamm does something, I’ll assume Zelena uses the ‘down’ command and make the check. 1d20+2=11 Zelena’s communication/control isn’t fine enough for anything other than allowing C to attack or ordering him to break off; ordering C to ready an action is not within the capabilities of the skill.

I realize I’ve been lax on this in the past but it isn’t fair to allow you action-free use of an animal. Please review Handle Animal and Ride so that you know exactly what you need to do for Zelena to use/control her mount. I will be following this strictly as we continue this adventure.

Initiative:
Baggett
Lizardfolk guards
The Party
Tamm

Map:
Note: I didn’t put up a new map; only new movement is Borric into Tamm’s square.

Party Status:
Sylvain: 35/42 hp remaining; [32 nonlethal]; prone

Abilities Used:
Spells Cast: Nathan: Glitterdust, Grease, Bless; Sylvain: Slumber hex (x2); Zelena: Channel Energy (x2)

Enemy Status:
Baggett (half-orc): 26 dmg.;
Tamm (gnome): 35 dmg.; [26 nonlethal]; prone; unconscious; helpless

Map Notes:
[/sblock]
GM: Sylvain is up for Round Nine.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan laughs as nonchalantly as possible as he addresses the lizardfolk guard.

"I'm hoping you'll excuse my friend," he says. "He's just terribly protective of grandfather and our friend on the ground, but I assure you it's all in the line of making the streets safer. Yes, Borric? Maybe we want to put the stabby-smashy things away and let the town officials ... officiate?"

[sblock=actions]Strictly speaking, I don't think Nathan can make a Diplomacy check in combat / in the tightly-time-controlled space of a round, though it seems reasonable he might be able to disarm things a bit with a well-crafted bluff. I've rolled them both, and I'll let you decide which is most appropriate crunch-wise:

Bluff; Diplomacy (1d20+12=22, 1d20+7=15)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Nathan Tchanlach Human Sorcerer 4
Initiative: +4 Perception: +0

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hour), Bless (5 minutes)
In Hand: None

AC: 15 (19)
touch: 14 (18) ; flat-footed: 12 (16)
(value in parenthesis w/ mage armor)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +2 CMD: 16 Fort: +3* Ref: +4* Will: +5*
* Additional +1 trait bonus vs. divine spells
Resistances: Resist 5 Acid and Cold.

Spells: Cantrips (DC 14): Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Drench, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Spark
1st (DC 15): Bless, Grease (DC 16), Magic Missle, Snapdragon Fireworks, Summon Minor Monster, Vanish. Remaining: 4/7
2nd (DC 16): Glitterdust (DC 17), Resist Energy, Create Pit (DC 17, missing focus). Remaining: 4/5

Wand Charges: 45/47

Heavenly Fire: 7/7 remaining[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
"Guards? What? Oy, maybe they can stop this bugger from bashing my head in," the witch moans as he continues to lie motionless on the ground, not daring to risk rising. He waits, probe, to see what happens with the guards.

Syl statblock: [sblock]
Syl Human Witch 5
Initiative: +6 Perception: +2
Conditions:
AC: 13 (13 touch; 11 flat-footed)
HP: 42 of 42
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +4
In Hand: Dagger

Spells: Arcane
  • (0-level - DC 15) Daze (DC 16), Detect Magic, Message, Stabilize;
  • (1st level - DC 16) Burning Hands, Charm Person (DC 17), Enlarge Person, Shocking Grasp;
  • (2nd level - DC 17) Flaming Sphere, Hold Person (DC 18), Vomit Swarm^;
  • (3rd level - DC 18) Dispel Magic, Heroism
Hexes DC 17
  • Flight, Fortune, Healing, Misfortune, Slumber-used on two thugs
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Baggett locks gazes briefly with Borric before breaking off from the combat and heading down the alley. He pauses a moment at the intersecting alley to look back but then is lost to sight as he rounds the corner.

Aldino presses himself up against the alley wall as the lizardfolk guard hustle past to confront Borric. They wear nothing in the way of protective armor but each is armed with a heavy truncheon. None of them seem inclined to listen to Nathan while confronted with a heavily armed and armored man.

[size=+1]"Surrender your weapon!"[/size]

OOC: Combat: Round 10
[sblock=Combat Information]The two lizardfolk at K & L 11 provoke attacks of opportunity from Borric as they move.

Initiative:
Baggett
Lizardfolk guards
The Party
Tamm

Map:

Party Status:
Sylvain: 35/42 hp remaining; [32 nonlethal]; prone

Abilities Used:
Spells Cast: Nathan: Glitterdust, Grease, Bless; Sylvain: Slumber hex (x2); Zelena: Channel Energy (x2)

Enemy Status:
Baggett (half-orc): 26 dmg.
Tamm (gnome): 35 dmg.; [26 nonlethal]; prone; unconscious; helpless

Map Notes:
[/sblock]
GM: Everyone is up for Round Ten.

Songdragon

Explorer
"The coward runs again. Watching your backs with that one." Zelena says to no one in particular.

She has Celebfedhiin move over to get a look at the guards and whispers to Borric, "Best drop the weapon my friend. For now at least."

She looks to the guards, "Well hello there. Good to see some sort of law enforcement albeit a little on the late side. The gentle-orc that has escape that away." She points down the ally and continues, "And the little fellow on the ground assaulted, or attempted to assault our friend there." She motions to Aldino. "We attempted to disable them until they fought back of course. As you can see our companion on the ground needs some attention, may I see to him?"

(move to L-9 (5-foot step) and talk...)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Did Borric miss the trip on the AoO or was it forgotten? That was the point of the conditional statement and not surrendering to the guard to try and prevent Baggett from getting away. ;) I will post later today; I am off to little league.

Remove ads