• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DOCTOR STRANGE (By the Hoary Hosts of SPOILERS)

Zoey141

First Post
Benedict Cumberbatch is such a darling! :) It's as if he was born to essay the role of Dr. Strange! I love Downey Jr. as Iron Man and now I've another favorite. I can't decide who is better though: Downey Jr. or Cumberbatch.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hoary Hairy Hoards of Hilarious Hungarian Hivers -- HIDE!!!!

zoomed to the end of the thread to say this: I am getting ready to go watch it right now. I will comment later to day.

edit:

tickets,3-d showing of Dr. Strange - Matinee
tax
round trip bus ticket
coffee atpanera's while waiting 40minutes
total

chance to see non-euclidian geometry in 3-d
latest

oops,sorry mi'Lord
*ahem*
with Master Cthulhu's permission
CDdJ6BnWAAAv0qA.jpg

. . . . .And, why yes. that is HE when HE is happy . . . . .
priceless - purchased with MasterCard.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

I loved that thing. especially when it was wiping tears.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Yes, that was HI-Larious! I laughed at that as well as about half of the people there. 10 in all I think- it was a matinee

in retrospect, Mads Mikkilson is one of few who could have done that scene with a straight face.

Last edited:

Mad_Jack

Legend
Re: Villain origins and motivation, and trippy background scenes and such...

It's important to remember the context of them - If you're not a comic book fan, you should know that the first comic book appearance of Doctor Strange was in the early 1960's... The character's been around a loooong time, and thus the origins and motivations of most of the supporting characters/villains in his story were established in what you might call "a simpler time"...

Silver Moon

Adventurer
If you're not a comic book fan, you should know that the first comic book appearance of Doctor Strange was in the early 1960's... The character's been around a loooong time, and thus the origins and motivations of most of the supporting characters/villains in his story were established in what you might call "a simpler time"...
Saw it yesterday, loved the movie. Last night I re-read the early appearances from Strange Tales, and in retrospect they did an excellent job of staying with the source material. There were even three improvements: Mordo, the Cloak, and Christine Palmer (who was last seen in the Nightcrawler maxi-series).

Remove ads