Doctor Who 1.9/1.10 (5/5/06, 5/12/06) Empty Child/Doctor Dances (current-ep spoilers)

glass

(he, him)
MonsterMash said:
I thought this was probably one of the high points of last season with a good plot and acting. They even managed to avoid getting the human doctor saying "I can't believe it"
:D :lol:

glass.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I have to admit, Empty Child/Doctor Dances was a beautiful hit with me. It caused me to start looking out for these new Doctor Who Episodes. It proves that a Sci-Fi Series doesn't need bombastic budgets to be good; the writing was superb, and although I don't always enjoy episodes where "everybody wins", this was a very warm story, and I enjoyed it.

Favorite tidbits:

--"That would have been some silly last words."
--"It's Sonic, totally sonic" "Sonic WHAT?" "SCREWDRIVER!!!!"
--"On a scale of one to ten, how dead am I?"

--The reveal about Nancy being the mom actually caught me off-guard - it totally slipped by me.
--Rose actually flirting with the doctor and getting him to dance. Nice character moment.

Elemental

Explorer
Thornir Alekeg said:
The nit-picker in me was not quite as happy with the explaination since a gas mask doesn't contain DNA, so why would reading the mother's DNA suddenly make the nano-genes understand that the gas mask didn't belong on everyone, when it wasn't in Jamie's DNA in the first place?

My guess would be that in the battlefields the nanobots were designed for, they could have been used to 'heal' cyborgs, robots, or aliens made partially or wholly of an inorganic substance.

Remove ads