Doctor Who s08e05 "Time Heist" - SPOILERS

Bagpuss

Legend
I think I missed something too. Near the start the Doctor says "Robbing a bank with a TARDIS is easy. So why aren't we using it?"

I'm still unclear why he didn't just use it, rather than that convoluted plan. Fly in, rescue critters, fly out. Job done. What did I miss?

He couldn't fly in an take the critters at any point, otherwise it would cause a paradox.

She only rings up at the end of her life, because she regretted leaving the creatures on the planet to die. If he had rescued them earlier she wouldn't have called, thus he wouldn't have known to rescue them at all.

Of course had he not gone to rescue them at all he wouldn't have given her the number to call, so the whole episode is a paradox with the cause coming after the effect.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It isn't just a solar flare. It is a solar flare big enough to fry a planet. And note that the issue isn't that the TARDIS would be damaged, just that he couldn't land properly.

No, I get it. I understood the explanation. It just doesn't work for me, personally.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
He couldn't fly in an take the critters at any point, otherwise it would cause a paradox.

She only rings up at the end of her life, because she regretted leaving the creatures on the planet to die. If he had rescued them earlier she wouldn't have called, thus he wouldn't have known to rescue them at all.

Of course had he not gone to rescue them at all he wouldn't have given her the number to call, so the whole episode is a paradox with the cause coming after the effect.

Nah. She phones, asks him to rescue them. He zips in in the TARDIS the day after they were captured and rescues them. If he has to pop into the vault to give her a note as well, then I guess he can.

Bagpuss

Legend
Nah. She phones, asks him to rescue them. He zips in in the TARDIS the day after they were captured and rescues them. If he has to pop into the vault to give her a note as well, then I guess he can.

Except then she wouldn't have any guilt over leaving them to die and so wouldn't know what do, with the note.

Plus where does he take them? Back to their homeworld, to be captured again because no one believes them dead?

Remove ads