Doctor Who Season 2--10/20/06

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
[imagel]http://www.clivebanks.co.uk/Doctor%20Who%20Pictures/DW%20Pictures/Logo%20CE1.jpg[/imagel]

The Girl in the Fireplace

Writer Steven Moffat
Director Euros Lyn
Script Editor Helen Raynor
Producer Phil Collinson
Executive producer(s) Russell T. Davies, Julie Gardner

On a seemingly abandoned spaceship in the 51st century, the Tenth Doctor, Rose and Mickey find time windows leading to 18th century France and a group of clockwork androids using them to stalk a young woman throughout her life.​

horacethegrey

First Post
:D This is, in my mind, the best episode of the second season. Hell, it's probably the best episode of the entire new series, even beating last season's Empty Child two parter. David Tennant is certainly at his finest here, his Doctor showing many shades character in this story alone. Billie and Noel are also in fine form, but my hat's off to special guest star Sophia Myles ( :] yum!), who has great chemistry with Tennant whenever they appear onscreen together (not surprising, since they are a couple in real life :) ).

It's a story like this that makes me glad that Doctor Who is on the air, and hopefully it will continue to be so in the years to come.

sckeener

First Post
Yup it is the best episode of the season, but I wish it had been about 1.5 times longer. Since the events happen so fast, jumping forward in time, I felt rushed.

Admittedly we are comparing different styles. The Girl in the Fireplace is a love story with action. Now Doomsday is a action story with a bit of love. I think David does a fine job in both, but at least everyone gets to shine in the other episodes. In Girl in the Fireplace, it is all David. I think it was a good idea to give us, the audience, more of a feel for the new doctor, but I hope they continue to give companions lines/scenes. I don't want another Leela happening where the actress got tired of saying 'what is it, doctor?' 13+ different ways. Nor do I want a Melanie Bush where the companion is smarter than the Doctor.

Prince Atom

Explorer
Some Great Lines

1) "What do monsters have nightmares about?"

"Me!"

2) "Who the h :) :) :) are you?"

"I'm the Doctor! And I just snogged Mme de Pompadour!"

3) "Who does he think he is?"

"The King of France."

TWK
France: It's a different planet.

Brakkart

First Post
Another great line:

"Do you mind, I'm the King of France!"

"And I'm the Lord of Time!"

I loved this episode, and while I prefer the Cyberman episodes of this season (because I'm a huge Cyberman fan), this is certainly one of the best Doctor Who stories I've ever seen.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The Whiner Knight said:
1) "What do monsters have nightmares about?"

"Me!".

This is about the third time a Doctor has used this line (starting with Sylvster McCoy iirc) but yes it is a great line and a brilliant episode

It would have been way cool to have Mme de Pompadour join as the new companion(since Sophia Myles is hot) but the ending they used was quite moving nonetheless.

I also liked the insight Mme de Pompadour mindmeld gave to the Doctors true identity and childhood - a mystery which still waits to be explored...

Remove ads