Doctor Who (Season 4) - Voyage of the Damned (SPOILERS)

sniffles

First Post
Morrus said:
I wasn't referring to that movie; James Cameron didn't even enter my head. I was referring to... you know... The Titanic. The movie was based on a real ship, y'know! ;)

It left Southampton about a quarter of a mile down the road from me.
Yeah, but this Titanic didn't sink, nor did the passengers manage to get to the lifeboats! :p

Despite the name of the ship, it still seemed more like Poseidon to me.

Fast Learner

First Post
I quite liked it. Not a classic episode or anything, but plenty of surprises, and all about sacrifice, which makes for an interesting twist. I thought Kylie was perfectly fine, btw... not sure what a couple of critics watched, but it sure didn't seem to be this episode.

sniffles

First Post
Morrus said:
Well, that's because The Doctor was there!
True!

Watched it again last night with a group of friends, and they all agreed it seemed Poseidon-like. But maybe you Brits aren't as familiar with that film, or maybe you're just too young. The original film is from the '70s. ;)

Jubilee

First Post
sniffles said:
True!

Watched it again last night with a group of friends, and they all agreed it seemed Poseidon-like. But maybe you Brits aren't as familiar with that film, or maybe you're just too young. The original film is from the '70s. ;)

I'm with sniffles. Poseidon adventure, all the way. =)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
horacethegrey said:
Still, can't complain. We got that big preview of the new season at the end, plus a preview of Torchwood season 2 as well which I must say looked quite intriguing (just hope the writings improved a lot :\ ).

Damn.

Had to record it because in-laws were around, and as is their wont this last couple of weeks the blasted BBC get everything to overrun by a couple of minutes.

My recording of the Christmas special thus ends as Mr Copper hugs the Doctor outside the tardis back on earth.

Did anything interesting happen after that?

What snippets did they show of the forthcoming season?

Cheers

sniffles

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Damn.

Had to record it because in-laws were around, and as is their wont this last couple of weeks the blasted BBC get everything to overrun by a couple of minutes.

My recording of the Christmas special thus ends as Mr Copper hugs the Doctor outside the tardis back on earth.

Did anything interesting happen after that?

What snippets did they show of the forthcoming season?

Cheers
Very little happened after Mr. Copper hugged the Doctor. They had a bit more chat, mostly of a humorous nature, and then the Doctor left. Ended on both an upbeat and downbeat note, really - Mr. Copper was happy, but the Doctor seemed lonely and sad.

Remove ads