Doctor Who: The Return of Russell T. Dalek... um, DAVIES

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How weird would it be if he got Tennant back?

More likely, he seems to like working with Olly Alexander, who the tabloids have linked to the role in the past.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
When he was the showrunner years ago he commented that he would like to run an entire Who-universe. He did something similar, but NOT to the scale he was talking about.

It could be that BBC is finally going to try to cash in on the entire Who Universe idea similar to what CBS has done with Star Trek and Disney is doing with Marvel and Star Wars.

It could be his time that he can do what he wanted to do a decade ago (and he did it somewhat with Sarah Jane, Torchwood, and Who), in which he runs Doctor Who but has a LOT of spin off shows as well running an entire gamut of Who Universe shows like what Disney and CBS/Paramount are doing with their Sci-fi Franchises.
That could be interesting, I suppose Donna Noble could replace the ‘Sarah Jane’ role of former companion investigating aliens on earth, overlap it with Torchwood (bring Martha on to the team too). Theres also the Sophie Aldred running A Charitable Earth.

Then of course you have Madam Vastras crew, K-9 and even Amy and Rory doing the 1930s (?). They could also try and do another Class at Coal Hill Academy…

Oh My!

Having Bill Potts and her alien girlfriend comeback to visit would also be fun - and what happened to Clara and Ashildr? :)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Terribly terrible. :p

Kidding. I like Whitaker, I think she made a good Dr Who, though to be honest, I think all the Doctors after Baker infused Baker in their role to some degree.
Baker was chanelling Troughton - it was really Troughton who created the Doctors personality of enigmatic galactic hobo with a dangerous undercurrent

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Jo Martin, who played an incarnation of the Doctor in Fugitive of the Judoon, return to the role full-time. She did a lot to characterise the role in the brief time that she played it.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Jo Stirling, who played an incarnation of the Doctor in Fugitive of the Judoon, return to the role full-time. She did a lot to characterise the role in the brief time that she played it.
Or Jo Martin as we like to call her. ;)

She was great in Back to Life.

im hoping he can save Who. i know there are some here wo like/love the new series but it ratings wise was an absolute failure. i Read some of his thoughts about disney and i can only hope maybe he bring back some classic characters and even Dr's

BC is in big trouble 2. they need to find a way to get viewship up . I had no idea that the entire channel is on life support

Please dont miscosntrue as snarky . so am i misreading the stories about the license fee? im reading right from bbc itself? BBC hemmoraging money as people are fusing to pay and many opting out

Remove ads