Dodkong minions

Cleon

Legend

There's a minor difference in wording between the two.

The Enworld version has:

Create Specter. The cairn shadowraith targets a humanoid or giant within 30 feet of it that has been dead for no longer than 1 minute and died violently. The target's spirit rises as a specter in the space of its corpse or in the nearest unoccupied space. The specter is under the shadowraith's control. The shadowraith can have no more than thirteen specters under its control at one time.​

While the D&D Beyond has:

Create Specter. The cairn shadowraith targets a humanoid or giant within 30 feet of it that has been dead for no longer than 1 minute and died violently. The target's spirit rises as a specter in the space of its corpse or in the nearest unoccupied space. The specter is under the cairn shadowraith's control. The cairn shadowraith can have no more than thirteen specters under its control at one time.​

Both are fine, so it's just a question of which gets edited to match the other.

Did spot one actual error, however.

The D&D Beyond Shadowraith's Sacrifice Specter has two cases of "cairn wraith" that should be "shadowraith" or "cairn shadowraith".

The Enworld Version has:

Sacrifice Specter. If the cairn shadowraith is hit by an attack or fails a saving throw, it can sacrifice a spectre under its control within 30 feet of the shadowraith. The spectre is destroyed, but the attack misses the cairn shadowraith or its saving throw succeeds.​

Cleon

Legend
So Troglo-wight next?

That should be pretty straightforward, as it's a good deal simpler.

Don't care much for the current D&D Beyond Draft. It has three exhaustion-inflicting attacks while a regular Wight can only do a single Life Drain per turn.

Compared to the Cairns I reckon this should be a scrub monster, so I think I'd have its regular attacks only do normal damage.

Remove ads