• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone else get withdrawls?

Etan Moonstar

First Post
I'm suffering after only two months of no gaming. At least I have Neverwinter Nights. Not quite as good as tabletop rpgs (where you get the social aspect of hanging out with your friends), but enough to keep me sane.

belegost

First Post
I took about 12 months off after each of my kids were born as time was tight and sleep was precious. Perhaps this is why they were born 5 years apart... one year off, four years gaming. At any rate, withdrawal was tough and it didn't seem to get better over time.

Kibo

Banned
Banned
You could always take up mudding. You can do it anywhere and it might only cost you a job or something.

I used to mud at mad.rom.org:1536. But I kicked that habbit. I switched to a more managable cocktail of meth, crack and heroin.

John Crichton

First Post
I last DM'ed just over a month ago. I'm taking a break to reorganize things for the campaign and just in general. One of my players is giving DM-ing a shot, but it's his first time so the results are still to come.

I do miss running a game. I'd run every week if I could. Since I work night-hours these days it only leaves me with 2 days to game, and that's very limiting. So I get the ich often. I'm planning on going to a few Cons in the meantime, finishing Final Fantasy X and prepping for my next run to keep things on the level for the moment. I'm also in the process of trying to find another player or 2 for our group. One guy can't make it too much anymore which leaves us with a total of 3. So we are almost there. :)

Etan Moonstar

First Post
Sorry to hijack the thread for a moment, but....

Hey Kibo, nice to see a fellow Theran! When were you on MadROM, and what was your character's name? I've been on MadROM since fall 1995, and use the same name here I do there--Etan Moonstar, former Admiral of the Pirates of the Dragon Sea.

Kibo

Banned
Banned
We now pause for hijacking and mud identification.

Uhhh I was err ... wondering about that. I might not be your favorite Theran. And by now you might have deduced I used to be Colt. Formerly of the pirates :). Heh. Get any good gems lately?

SemperJase

First Post
Toj said:
I feel like it's coming though..... the time when I will find other gamers again and enjoy some good ol RP.

Toj, look at Gamers seeking gamers or the Gamer Classifieds on the WotC site. That is how I found my current game. The DM has posted an announcement. He said it had been up for a couple months without any response, then he got 8 in the space of 2 weeks. Now there is a 9 person waiting list to get into our game.

Crothian

First Post
I think the longest time I've taken off from gaming in 20 years is about 3 months. However, I haven't ran a campaign that lasted longer then 5 sessions in over a year (one last Christams that lasted 2 that got cut short becasue the players couldn't deal with a modern day horror game, and one planned five session game of the same type about a month ago). So, I'm getting the shakes about running a game. And I black out only to wake up with cold sweats and find myself sittiing at the table with my DM screen up and blank pages in front of me . Think it's serious?

:D

Etan Moonstar

First Post
Hah! Of all the people to run into on EN World, Colt! Don't worry, matey, I've forgiven you for the, shall we say, permanent savings withdrawal. =) No more frothing and foaming, just a single eyelid twitch.... ;) Heh, seriously though, good to see you here.

Turlogh

Explorer
Withdrawal?? After 2 1/2 months without a game and the last 3 before that being real spotty, I'm really missing playing.

I have a gamers seeking gamers post but no responses as yet (a another one on the Necromancer Boards). I need to play, Dm whatever!!

So I guess what I'm saying is I feel for you and really hope that you find a group soon (I also hope it does not become 3 years for me).

Remove ads