• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone have a clue...

Link 86

First Post
does anyone have a clue if you could use the jedi classes in a Fantasy D20 (D&D etc.) and what about the races?? thanx in advance

Masada

First Post
You can mix d20 systems mechanically well enough. However, Jedi are generally more powerful in D&D than all the other classes. So it's a balance issue for your DM. You can try to nerf the class a bunch... but that does knock some of the shine off the penny. However, you can capture the flavor and not gain unfair advantage over other players with some work.

Roudi

First Post
The Jedi classes in Star Wars d20 are built for the particular system used by Star Wars d20. That is, the Jedi classes use the skill & feat-based Force powers, and they have vitality Points & wound points instead of hit points. These typically don't fit into the standard d20 fantasy or D&D system. So, if you wanted to use the Jedi classes in such an environment, you'd have to convert them.

As for races - Jedi in Star Wars do not exclude by race, so why should they in a fantasy world? Any race should be able to take a Jedi class.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
You could have a "jedi-like" character by using the psyshic warrior style psionic classes and giving the character a blazing energy weapon (see special weapon properties in the DMG).

I think the Star Wars races could be used in D&D without difficulty. After all, things liike low-light vision, darkvision and movement (once converted from meters to feet), ability score bonuses, and so on are generic to D20. If you wanted to have Gammoreans or Jawas in your D&D you easily could. :)

Things also can go the other way. Check out my thread below about converting D&D monsters and races to Star Wars creatures and species.

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=129727

Last edited:

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I tried Jedi in my D&D game awhile back. They are overpowered for D&D. Things didn't go the way I had planned.

I dropped the wounds and just kept the vitality as hit points. It still cost vitality to use force powers, but it was like subduel damage.

If I bring them into the game again I may add level adjustments. maybe +3. 4th level D&D = 1st level jedi.

C. Baize

First Post
The problem with Jedi in a non-Star Wars game is that it changes the dynamic of a game... We found this out the hard was several years ago.

As for Star Wars races in a D&D game... no problem.

Link 86

First Post
thanx, after awhile i was thinkin psionics was more or less the D&D version of the Jedi, i recently got the starwars d20 revised core book (never had the first one) and i was lookin threw it and i was thinkin about converting both Jango and Boba's armor into a D&D version, and replacing their mechanical portions with some sorta spell that could be used x amount of days, but i only have the core rule books to work with i am prolly gonna get the Draconomicon book tonight and then Fiend Folio after that, any spell suggestions or what not about the armor would be appreciated and thanx for all who have posted and such

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Now the armor might be a little too much. I can't remember what all it does but I know there is a lot to it. If you make it into a magic item I would have it as an minor if not major artifact. That armor can do much more than many magic items can. Look at the Staff of the Archmagi and what it can do.

Also I think it might be more of a gnomish machine than a magic item.

I might make the PCs fight against it first.

C. Baize

First Post
Aeson said:
I don't know if it changes the dynamic. How would it do that?

Because of the nature of the Jedi... We've found that when you introduce Jedi into a campaign that wouldn't normally include them.... it pretty much becomes about the Jedi. Better just to leave them out.

Remove ads