• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone have a clue...

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
A monk/psion multiclass wouldn't make a half bad Jedi stand-in for D&D. You get the martial abilities of the monk and the mental abilities of a psion. The lawful-only alignment restriction of the monk would play well as the "Jedi code", too.

I don't have my PHB handy and haven't run enough monks to have it memorized but isn't there a multiclass restriction on the monk? If there is, that would nix my idea. :confused:

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
monk/psion could work but your then dealing with two classes in two books and working out a balance between the two.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Per core, once you leave Monk you can never go back, as far as I know. FR introduced some specific things that let you multiclass between monk and a specific class by taking a feat or something and being part of a special group.

I've seen one or two non-pure monk builds ... mostly some people take Mnk 1 for the across-the-board Save boost and some unarmed damage for the off-days when the DM thinks he's being original and has everybody wake up in their skivvies under attack. I've played one monk, in a Psionics based campaign, as a Psionic Hole type. Anti-psionics feats up and down the board and insane grapple ability. Was a nice build until I realized that even with some specialized feats like Clever Wrestling, I could barely hold my own against Large creatures and was useless against anything bigger than that, while a regular ole' Fighter would have been useful every day including Sunday. Death on wheels against humanoid casters, though. Flash across the room, grapple ... that's all she wrote.

Then a dragon kicked our rears ... dragons really presuppose magic, I think, and the DM went Psionics-Only.

I'd leave Jedi out of a D&D game. There's alot of ways to make a D&D game your own, but the styles these two games were created for, while high powered, are pretty different.

--fje

scourger

Explorer
I dropped human Jedi consulars and guardians in my last D&D game. The defense bonus went away infavor of AC as did wound/vitality poitns for HP. They got Force Vitality to use Force skills (powers). The light saber just became a wepon that ignores armor, hardness and damage reduction. It works reasonably well. A jedi has many powers that can be unbalanced, but they're still melee fighters if it comes to combat (and it does!). One has fallen and the other is still around despite a couple of close calls.

Khorod

First Post
I was under the impression that the psionics rules were specifically designed to be the Force-enabled. In fact, the Soul Knife looks like a Jedi with the serial numbers filed off.

I see no reason to use the actual Jedi classes in D&D given the XPH.

Also, topical thread names work better.

Link 86

First Post
This is what i got all together magic and what not

Boba's Armor
- Helmet is composed of: Sonic protection, Grants user Low-light vision, and Dark vision up 60 feet (with the double its 120 for both) (and normal if creature doesn't have normal vision) Doubles vision of all kinds (range) +2 on spot checks, +2 on listen checks, Telepathy
- Scale Mail - Flying at Will or 1500 feet a day and protection from the grenades
- Fireball 500' (right hand)
- Flame Strike 3d6 fire damage150' (right gauntlet above the wrist (top of hand))
- Whip Cord (Entangles foe) 1d2 damage Slashing (under left wrist spiderman style)
- Darts at the Knee 2d6 Piercing crit 20 range increment 10 feet
- Ray of Frost 3d6 ice damage 150' (left gauntlet above the wrist (top of hand))
- Sonic/Stun Grenades range increment 60'
- Spike Boots (Spring loaded) 1d6 damage crit 20, piercing

Jango's Armor
- Helmet is composed of: Sonic protection, Grants user Low-light vision, and Dark vision up 60 feet (with the double its 120 for both)(and normal if creature doesn't have normal vision) Doubles vision of all kinds (range) +2 on spot checks, +2 on listen checks, Telepathy
- Chain Mail - Flying at Will or 1500 feet a day
- Fireball 500' (right hand)
- Flame Strike 3d6 fire damage 150' (right gauntlet above the wrist (top of hand))
- Whip Cord (Entangles foe) 1d2 damage Slashing (under left wrist spiderman style)
- Darts at the Knee 2d6 Piercing crit 20 range increment 10 feet
- Maximized Fire ball (300' 2/day) (left hand)
- Dart Launcher in right under wrist (like spider-mans web slinger) Carries 4 darts doesn't pierce medium or heavy armor 1d2 (can have poison) crit 20 piercing range increment 30 feet
- Wrist Blades like from Blood Raven 1d6 crit 20 Slashing

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

If you want a Jedi try combining Paladin, Hospitalier, (My soon to be released Neutral Good Paladin varriant.) or Freedom Fighter (my soon to be released Chaotic Good Paladin varriant. [They're more common after the distruction of the Empire.]) and Psychic Warrior. For the Sith either combine Anti-Paladin (Chaoitc Evil Paladin varriant.), Warrior of Greed, (My soon to be released Neutral Evil Paladin varriant.) or Dark Knight (My soon to be released Lawful Evil Paladin varriant. Think of Darth Vader.) and Psychic Warrior. Then let the Jedi or Sith mulitclass freely between the two classes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads