• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does Essentials Warpriest lose low level powers?

Prestidigitalis

First Post
So after spending a week slavering over the Essentials Thief and Knight, I finally got around to looking carefully at the Warpriest. It took a bit, but finally I spotted something a bit odd...

I can't find anything in HotFL that says Warpriests lose low level encounter and daily powers when they gain high level powers. Does that mean that all granted powers are available forever? At level 30, the Warpriest has encounter powers from levels 1, 3, 7, 13, 17, 23 and 27, and daily powers from levels 1, 5, 9, 15, 19, 25 and 29?

I can see why WotC might do it that way, as it does make things simpler, and that was one of the goals of Essentials. But given that the powers also seem pretty uniformly awesome, it also seems like a big boost in effectiveness.

So, as usual, I end this post with "Did I miss something?"

nogray

Adventurer
Missed Something

Thanks to the organization of the cleric/warpriest, it is easy to miss. Check the top of page 100:
Heroes of the Fallen Lands said:
Level 13: Domain Encounter Power:
... This power replaces the encounter attack power you gained at 1st level from your domain."
The same verbiage is attached to each of the higher level domain encounter powers (17, 23, and 27 on pages 103, 106, and 107, respectively).

This is actually kind of neat, I think, because the replacing power is always a pure upgrade from the replaced power. That keeps it simpler; you aren't learning a whole new power, just adding effects to an old one.

Prestidigitalis

First Post
Thanks to the organization of the cleric/warpriest, it is easy to miss. Check the top of page 100: The same verbiage is attached to each of the higher level domain encounter powers (17, 23, and 27 on pages 103, 106, and 107, respectively).

This is actually kind of neat, I think, because the replacing power is always a pure upgrade from the replaced power. That keeps it simpler; you aren't learning a whole new power, just adding effects to an old one.

Well there you go. Good thing Essentials is so streamlined and easy to understand! ;)

Remove ads