IMG_4237 (Large).JPG
IMG_4238 (Large).JPG
IMG_4240 (Large).JPG
IMG_4242 (Large).JPG
IMG_4245 (Large).JPG
IMG_4247 (Large).JPG

tommybahama

Adventurer
Good job keeping on track. I've already fallen off the bandwagon. I "zenithal primed" two deep gnomes and a shrieker (D&D screaming mushroom) three weeks ago using citadel spray can primer which came out okay. They were a little grainy and I'm not sure if it's me or the spray prime. Everything else I've done was with brush on primer.

They sat on my desk since then out of the knowledge that I can't paint them to the level I want. :cry: I finally started base coating them.

Your backdrop for your photos is great. I might steal the idea. ;)

For your flying familiars, I recommend these:

LITKO Flying Figure Stands, 25mm Round (2)

They have them in square shapes too.

Len

Prodigal Member
I "zenithal primed" two deep gnomes and a shrieker (D&D screaming mushroom) three weeks ago using citadel spray can primer which came out okay. They were a little grainy and I'm not sure if it's me or the spray prime.
Spray primer does tend to come out a bit grainy when you're not going for full coverage. An airbrush will give a smoother result but that's another level of commitment (I haven't yet taken that step myself).

tommybahama

Adventurer
The bat swarm is a first for me but makes sense. I think you need some rot grubs and purple worms to round out your collection of creepy crawlies. 😁

I've fought swarms in 5e and they are tougher than they appear. Do your swarms occupy the same space as the player character as in 5e? Since the bats are flying and the rats are crawlers, you could have the rats attack and the bats do the help action to give the player disadvantage and the rats advantage in all actions & saving throws. So evil...

dogoftheunderworld

Adventurer
Supporter
The bat swarm is a first for me but makes sense. Do your swarms occupy the same space as the player character as in 5e?

Yes, swarms occupy the same space as characters in my games (3.5 /PF1). So this at swarm is more for visual reference. Once They get close up, I usually use a clear dice box to indicate the affected area :)

Remove ads