• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domhani Bairdéir 03

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cyr Escunar

Taking few steadying breaths, Cyr raises from his meditation and scuffs markings around himself before moving to join the Críu.

This is what I saw, but I cannot make much sense of it. There isn't enough impression left to see the event itself.

First I saw long, flowing piece of scarlet cloth entwined in shadow - it is unclear if the two are embracing or struggling against one another.
I assume seeing our friend here - indicates Skáth - that this somehow represents either Daoine deBith or entwining of blood and magic of mortals (Laoch and BreithRi)

Second scene shows lizard and a snake, I don't recognize the species, in similarly entwined pose as the cloth and shadow. I don't have any idea what would this be.

Finally, a scene in which the two pair are posed on each side of some sort of small animal - the exact type is hidden by the reptiles and the shadow. There is something about the scene that suggested to me that the reptile pair and the shadow/cloth are antagonistic to one another, but the shadow/cloth has less of an 'aggressive feel.'

Obviously, we are in the middle of some comflict, but I cannot discern it's meaning.

For our immediate concerns might be more beneficial if I might speak with the guard that died here. Did he tell you anything before he died? Is there a mortuary here in Clun?

mleibrock

First Post
Skáth

"A lot of help you are!" Skáth offers jokingly. "I had a dream last night that Gavril humped your body while you were dreaming, does your butt hurt?"

Neurotic

Cyr Escunar

Curving slightly lips upward is only indication that Cyr understood the joke. Nodding toward Gavril he says to Skáth:
Given your company no wonder you had such a dream. I saw more then I just told you, I just cannot rember all of it, it'll take some time to sort out and sleeping it over may help.

Does any of symbols or description means anything to you?

OOC: Might I suggest all of you read back posts with happenings before coming to Clun? Or Mowgli's compact campaign summary? Maybe something 'blings'?

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"None of the symbols from your dream, Cyr, holds any special meaning for me. I have no knowledge or comment about any supposed 'butt-humping,' and I prefer to remain ignorant and innocent of same."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
At the Site of the Fight and Vision

[sblock=For Gavril Lorrant]As Gavril listens to Cyr's description of the spirit granted vision, he feels momentarily overwhelmed by a wave of dizziness, and has a vision, or possibly a flashback, of his own. He is in bed with the Maora Clún, in the middle of his enjoyment, when she raises her mouth to his neck and delivers a 'love bite.' This time through, in his memory, he catches a glimpse of a snake's slit pupilled eyes and fangs. This has the feel of a fever dream - that slight feeling of unreality . . .[/sblock]

Neurotic

Cyr Escunar explains

Think of these visions more as methaphors then real description of events. Maybe lizard and the snake or red cloth/shadow represent somebody personaly, not factions in this conflict.

Do you know or recognize someone with lizard/snake qualities from your past journies? Or shadow/red cloth mean something to you? Skath, does red cloth reference means anything to you? I'd say shadow might indicate you or someone like you who can manipulate shadows. Or simply misterious or secretive figure?

I cannot give you concrete answers, only vouch for truth of the visions, vague such as they are. Recognizing the meaning is our responsibility, spirit world has hard time penetrating veils of reality and such is possible only in places of very emotional or traumatic events or through channeling of one such as me, who is trained essentialy from childhood.

While thinking on this, let's walk to the local morgue so I can administer last rites upon poor guard.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

OOC: Cairn has no idea what the visions might mean. He follows Cyr to the morgue in silence.

Scotley

Hero
mleibrock said:
"A lot of help you are!" Skáth offers jokingly. "I had a dream last night that Gavril humped your body while you were dreaming, does your butt hurt?"

"That's not the way I buckle my swash as you well know Skáth. I fear that being present during my 'encounter' with the Maora might not have been good for your psyche. The things that happen in our dreams..." He sort of trails off in mid-sentence as his eyes loose focus and he sways a bit. Shaking his head to clear it he adds, "Dreams may be even more fearful than your rather crudely phrased nocturn Skáth. Our new friends power has triggered a memory or perhaps a dream in my mind. I think the snake of his vision is the Maora." He involuntarily raises a hand to rub his neck. "As for the red cloth, does anyone else remember that hideous red scarf Desigh used to wear over his jaw? That highwayman look went out a decade ago, but he clung to it tenaciously in spite of the change in fashion and the way it tended to clash with the rest of his ensemble."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry I made a post over the weekend, but it seems to have disappeared. I hope it isn't in some other thread. Anyway, this is better. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"Gavril, are you sure that Maora Clun didn't "unbuckle" your "swash"?? And about Cyr's vision: even if we can guess what the entwined reptiles and veils represent, what about the creature at the center of the vision? Was it a beast, a man, a Daoine de Bith, or some other manner of being? Could the creature represent us, meaning that these influences are battling over us? Or could the creature represent those who depend upon us for protection? Or perhaps I am altogether wrong?"

mleibrock

First Post
Skath

OCC - Mike, I don't remember but is there any way to know if one is able to be controlled? How does anyone know who has the right blood type?

Remove ads