• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DotF Spell Question "Aspect of the Deity"

CalrinAlshaw

First Post
Alright, just out of curiosity, both the Aspect of the Deity and Greater version say "As Lesser Aspect of a Deity except for...."
Now, other than the resistances that become overlapped by better ones, do I still roll the 1d4+1 enhancement bonus to Charisma? Also, the Greater version gives a +4 bonus on Charisma and it doesn't describe the TYPE of bonus given.

I see only a few options that I need help clarifying for my DM to be satisfied.
Dealing with Aspect version.
1. I get the 1d4+1 charisma enhancement (due to the "as lesser aspect" line.)
2. I don't get the 1d4+1 charisma enhancement.

These deal with only the Greater version.
1. I get the +4 from greater AND 1d4+1 enhancement bonus as lesser.
2. I get the +4 from greater OR 1d4+1 enhancement as lesser depending on which one is bigger.
3. I simply get the +4 from the greater and leave it at that.

Calrin Alshaw.

the Jester

Legend
I believe those spells are rewritten in the Book of Exalted Deeds, and they give you the celestial and half-celestial traits- maybe greater aspect makes you into a deva or something? Dunno, don't actually own the book myself but I recall seeing the spells in there.

Pax

Banned
Banned
BoED Lesser Aspect gives you +4 enhancement to charisma, and resistance (10) to acid, cold, and electricity.

BoED Aspect gives you everything lesser aspect does, and, smite evil once per day ... darkvision (60') ... aspect-granted resistances improved to (20) ... DR 10/magic ... SR 25.

BoED Greater Aspect gives you the benefits of lesser aspect, and you take on the qualities of the half-celestial template (except the spell-like abilities); your creature type DOES change to Outsider for the duration of GAotD, and the ability score modifiers are treated as enhancement bonusses (not racial!).

All three spells are on page 91 of the Book of Exalted Deeds.

CalrinAlshaw

First Post
Alright, but in DotF is it any different? My DM is really picky about using non-core rules books, he lets us only use the class-specific players options like DotF, since he doesn't plan on buying or using BoED and such.

Calrin Alshaw

Remove ads