Level Up (A5E) Doubleshot is erroneously labeled as an action on A5E Tools

Grave Knight

Explorer
So I'm trying to make a cool Ranged Fighter, which is difficult considering there are so many damn manuevers you can't use in ranged, and others that you can strangely used at ranged but don't do anything unless you hit with a melee weapon (look at you, Disarming Assault which lets you make weapon attacks but only has an affect if you hit with a melee weapon). Anyways, so I'm looking at Biting Zephyr, the one tradition that should give me good ranged options (it's pretty disappointing, it has some cool stuff but you can't actually do anything like ranged trip attacks or disarming opponents or even pin enemies to the ground).

Anyways, so there I see Doubleshot, which looks really good... until you read what it actually does. You spend an action to roll an extra damage die on your next attack. Sounds great, till you realize you just spent your action and your next attack isn't until your next turn comes up, it doesn't give you a weapon attack, and it only works for one attack. So at level one it's already bad, you spend a turn to give yourself the potential to deal two dice plus dex modifier in damage at the expense of two ammo. Or you can just do an attack on both rounds to potentially deal one dice plus modifier, twice. At level 5 it's attrocious cause now you can't use your extra attack on the same turn you prep Doubleshot, and on your next turn it only works for the first shot in your turn.

Ignore my complaint. The A5E Tools has it erroneously labeled as an action while it's a bonus action in the book.

Last edited:

Grave Knight

Explorer
Is there an errata I'm not aware of? My Adventurer's Guide shows doubleshot is a bonus action.
No. When I went through the book I realized something. While the text is exactly the same, the action type is different from what's on A5E Tools. I prefer using that website because it has all the stuff in one place, but for some reason Doubleshot is labeled as an Action instead of a Bonus Action.

No. When I went through the book I realized something. While the text is exactly the same, the action type is different from what's on A5E Tools. I prefer using that website because it has all the stuff in one place, but for some reason Doubleshot is labeled as an Action instead of a Bonus Action.
books (plus errata) take precedence over the website. this is an error.

Remove ads