• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Down a Man

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Evilusion. I hope you and his other family and friends can find a measure of peace. :(

Evilusion

First Post
Well I thought I would do a update for anyone who cares. Sad fact is we can not locate any relatives. I know for a fact that he has a sister and half sister. Problem is he never told us their last names(just in case they we married). So now it falls to me to get his stuff out of his apartment. I'm hopeing the building manager will at least see reason and let us take the gameing stuff.

So anyone go through this before? And how to continue to playing?

Just looking for some answers that is all.

Evilusion

Nadaka

First Post
Evilusion said:
Well I thought I would do a update for anyone who cares. Sad fact is we can not locate any relatives. I know for a fact that he has a sister and half sister. Problem is he never told us their last names(just in case they we married). So now it falls to me to get his stuff out of his apartment. I'm hopeing the building manager will at least see reason and let us take the gameing stuff.

So anyone go through this before? And how to continue to playing?

Just looking for some answers that is all.

Evilusion

Contact the local police (non-emergency). They may not be able to tell you who his relatives are, but they will likely be able to find them if they live in the same state. Other than that? You might be able to find his relatives by searching myspace or google.

kk14

First Post
To continue playing, simply find your local gaming store. There should be plenty willing toake another member into their group. You could also try online. Many games run online now (either email campaigns or others).

I am sorry for your loss.

boerngrim

Explorer
The Empty Chair from kenzerco.com

MY Condolences.

The Empty Chair
Eulogy for a Gamer

There is an empty chair,
at the table this day.
A hallowed place where,
a friend once played.
The roll of his dice,
my ears long to hear.
Or perhaps it would suffice,
if he should suddenly appear.
With character sheet in hand,
and a bag of Cheeze-doodles to share.
All his friends would stand,
as he sat in the empty chair.
I hear his voice a-callin’,
and it ties my heart in a knot.
For he cries, “Though a comrade has fallen,
You must play for those who cannot.”
We conquered worlds on the run,
he and I in the name of fun.
And as others may come and go,
I make both both friend and foe.
But what I long for most,
is our past now long a ghost.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Evilusion said:
I do not post much. The sad new is I just lost my best friend and the best DM I have ever played with. So rest in peace Dan. You will be missed greatly.

Evilusion
My condolences.

The best way to keep on playing would be for one of you guys to start DMing in his stead. Was he using a homebrew or a particular setting for your adventures?

RigaMortus2

First Post
My condolences...

Would it be out of line to ask what happened? Was this a sudden thing? A tragedy? Or was he in his later years and passed of natural causes?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads