Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Alpha Group

Shayuri

First Post
The note said there would be more...

With a glance at the strange hooded man, Maya pulls the cowl of her cloak down to expose her head with a defiant toss.

"Maya, of the Shundar Quah." It was sort of true. She'd received the mark of the tribe, and the blessing of its totem from her father, but technically she hadn't been initiated or recognized.

She surveys the motley assembled before her with a critical eye.

"Bael. Tristan. Khadmeade. I've come to find Gaedran Lamm."

There was more, of course, but she decides not to volunteer it just yet. Just because they had a common foe didn't mean they were allies.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Well he strikes me as more of the cowardly sort, lass, so I doubt he was the one who summoned us all here. I was told ta come here by a Harrow card. I presumed some gypsy dealt it and ye not look like gypsy folk. So obviously someone be pullin' strings behind the curtains as it 'twere. Seems we're all lookin' fer this Lamm feller though. An' none of us be too happy aboot it neither. I dinnae suppose any of ye have learned anythin' useful aboot him. I confess I've come up empty at just aboot every turn."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Suddenly the door to 3 Lancet Street swings open. A handsome, middle-aged Varisian woman in headscarf and skirts stands behind it. She smiles warmly.

"I apologise for keeping you waiting. My name is Zellara, please come in."

Beyond is a small front room with a curtained doorway leading further back into the building. The room is furnished in simple fashion, with a small table in the centre. A single chair stands on the far side, with four set up on the near side of the room. Wall hangings depicting strange eldritch figures adorn the walls, and light comes from a couple of candle-holders shaped like winged elves. The candles also give forth a rich scent of flowers and spice. On top of the table is a worn tablecloth. On top of the table sits a Harrow deck.

Zellara gestures for you all to sit, as she takes her place behind the single chair on the far side of the room.

"Please be seated," she says. "There is bread and drink in a basket under the table if you wish. I am sorry for the unconventional method of contacting you, but I must remain hidden as much as possible. A terrible man wishes me great harm, a man I believe has caused each of you great harm. A man name Gaedran Lamm."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Khadmeade's fist slams down upon the table. "Curse 'is bones! E's taken me nephew he has. I want te find 'im so I kin feel the satisfying crunch of his skull 'neath me hammer."

Walking Dad

First Post
Khadmeade's fist slams down upon the table. "Curse 'is bones! E's taken me nephew he has. I want te find 'im so I kin feel the satisfying crunch of his skull 'neath me hammer."
"This would be to ... quick." Bael says, removing his cowl and showing his ancestry.

Shayuri

First Post
Maya prowls into the room and looks around. The wall hangings with strange emblems on them catch her eye for a moment, but then she focuses on the Varisian woman who had brought them here. A dozen questions spring to mind, not the least of which was, 'how did you know we seek him?' But she asked the most important first.

"How can we find him?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Zellara picks up her Harrow deck and shuffles it deftly, holding it open to each of you. The intent seems to be that you each replace the cards you were given.

"A year ago, thieves stole my Harrow deck from me. It has been in my family for generations, and as any Varisian will tell you, the older the Harrow the more truth it speaks. It was my only source of income and so my son Eran hunted down the thieves. They were in the employ of a man named Gaedran Lamm and as a reward for his discovery Lamm had my son killed and dumped in the river.

"I went to the guard, but they were not concerned about a penniless Varisian widow, and Lamm had evaded them for years - they were far too slow to catch him even if they had wanted to help. So I searched around, I sold almost everything I had to pay bribes and I consulted the Harrow until finally I had what I sought, Gaedren Lamm's address. But I am powerless to do what needs to be done, to bring about justice, so I found you, others who have been wronged by Lamm with the power to make him pay for his crimes.

"And so I can offer the only two things I have left. Lamm's address, and a Harrow reading to guide you. Lamm can be found in an old fishery north of here, at West Pier 17. Here he trains his gang of child pickpockets, and counts his stolen treasure. Do with this information as you wish."

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael nods and puts his Harrow card back. He does it in a way, that prevents the others from easily spotting which symbol he had. He then listens to the reading.

kinem

Adventurer
"My condolences. I lost my sister to that monster and I will certainly try to help.

How were these delivered to us?
" Tristan asks as he holds forth the card.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Did the lady not explain that she spent all her resources searching fer souls such as us that been wronged by that basterd? Well, milady, I be glad te make Lamm pay fer 'is crimes. A good whumpin' of his 'ead with me hammer and justice shall be done. As good Torag teaches, ain't no justice like that of a stone connectin' with an evil skull. I do thank ye fer yer persistence in seekin' us ought, and I vow by Torag's forge that Lamm will pay for 'is vile deeds. I say, the sooner we go to 'is 'ouse and start dolin' oot vigilante justice the better. What say ye, comrades? Most of ye look like yer at least halfway decent in a fight anyway."

Remove ads