Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Beta Group

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân looks over at the tattooed human warrior as he introduces himself. The halfling guttersnipe's small frame reflexively stiffens when Edmond mentions the "Little Lamms". Looking imploringly at Lynn, his cherubic face makes plain the anxiety and uncertainty that the warrior's odd question has engendered in him. "L-Lamms?.."

Awash in familiar feelings of dread, Dj'hân shivers and slowly pulls the nearly forgotten Harrow card from behind his back to read the message written there. "Gaedren... Gaedren Lamm"

Suddenly remembering why he'd come to Lancet street, the boy turns to face the now open doorway to see the warrior's back as he follows the impatient half-orc inside. It seemed that the man's odd interest in Dj'hân had already passed. Uncertain of what to do, the urchin wrinkles his small brow and looks a question at the half-elven woman crouching next to him.

Oni

First Post
Lynn watched the odd exchange between the gaunt man called Edmond and the little halfling. It puzzled her that he seemed to know Dj'hân but not the other way around, the little one was a curious thing indeed. She did not have long to consider this thought as the intimidating half-orc had wasted little time making his way inside and was soon followed by the other man.

Turning back to Dj'hân she gave him another warm smile.

Why don't we have a look.

With that she stood and walked a couple steps toward the doorway. Pausing, Lynn turned and beckoned for Dj'hân to follow and then stepped across the threshold.

She glanced around the room, taking it in. Hmph.

The raven at her shoulder lept foward and flapped a couple of times, landing on the table in the center of the room. Edward ackwardly hopped around the note on the table.

Why yes Ed, I suppose that is for us.

Walking over to the table, she casually pushed the stone aside and picked up the paper. After a quick perusal she read the note aloud.

[SBLOCK=OOC] I've been reading too much OotS, I kept thinking as I wrote this the note would say, I prepared explosive runes today.[/SBLOCK]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond Deathwish

Edmond scans entire room with his detect magic turning slowly noting anything of interest before coming to the table to see the note.

Why don't you read it, Lynn?

[sblock=OOC for DM]
warn us in time if it is magical, oh, benevolent DM, forgive your servant his paranoia :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm hideously tempted to say that the note reads:

Bang!

But I won't.
[/SBLOCK]

The note reads:
"Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you."

No sooner has Lynn finished reading the note then the door opens and a handsome, middle-aged Varisian woman enters. She smiles and glances over the party as she walks briskly to the chair on the far side of the table.

"Thank you all for coming," she says. "My name is Zellara. Please, sit. Help yourself to food and drink." She produces a Harrow pack from somewhere and gives it a quick, deft shuffle. "I apologise for my unconventional method of contacting you, but I need to remain hidden as much as possible. A terrible man has done great harm to me and would do more if he could, a man I believe has also done you great harm, a man by the name of Gaedran Lamm."

Valthosian

First Post
Thorson turns and gives his full attention to Lynn as she reads the note, his irritation rising until it threatens to break through and become a full on rage, but he is arrested by the woman coming through the door.

The Half-Orc listens intently to her words, but his eyes are mobile, taking in the reactions of his fellows to her mention of great hurt and Gaedran Lamm.

Once she is done speaking, a broad, terribly cold smile animates his otherwise emotionless face and a hungry excitement pulses its way through his body.

Great harm? Yes, he's done great harm, but it will all be returned to him ten-fold. The greatest luck that could ever befall Gaedran Lamm would be that of dying in battle, before revenge could be properly taken.

But you bring us together and speak of pain, but I have searched this city for Lamm for months and found nothing! The half-orc voice rose to a roar with his last few words and his eyes glittered with his fury.

How will you help us find him? What aid can you offer? Thorson's self-control had re-exerted itself and his words were quiet but his shoulders were shrugged to the level of his jaw and his posture sang with tension.

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân follows Lynn inside the small apartment when beckoned. Stepping through the oversized doorway, the diminutive urchin's head spins all around as he takes in the odd room. Still nervous, the boy goes back to hugging the huge Harrow card to his chest. While listening to Lynn read the note, Dj'hân studies the giant half-orc warrior, wondering idly whether he's the rugged Mountain Man depicted on his card. At the very least, he was most certainly the size of a mountain.

The diminutive guttersnipe is nearly bowled over when the door behind him suddenly re-opens and a hurried Varisian woman briskly sweeps past him and into the room. Only the urchin's quick reflexes allows him to leap clear of the woman's swirling skirts in time. The boy retrieves his lost red cap, dusts it off and replaces it upon his disheveled head as Zellara introduces herself. I'm going to have to be careful around these giant-folk if I don't want to be squished...

Padding cautiously across the floor, Dj'hân quickly makes his way around the forest of legs to one of the four guest chairs and begins the somewhat arduous task of climbing up onto the seat. Once successful, the urchin remains standing so that he can clearly see what's going on above. Even so, the halfling's small cherubic face is barely visible above the tabletop. Glancing over at the raven, Dj'hâd momentarily envies the bird his shoulder perch.

The small halfling ducks down in fear once the half-orc begins another loud rant, pulling his head down so that only a pair of panicked blue eyes behind eight white knuckled fingers is visible above the table edge.

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Lynn looked up with surprise, the woman's sudden entrance had startled her. The odd situation had gotten to her nerves just a bit. But seeing the woman was the one they were to meet she scolded herself inwardly for being jumpy.

Before she could formulate the questions she so desperately wanted to ask, the vaguely terrifying half-orc spoke up. As his voice rose to a crescendo of rage she winced, and the raven on the table let out of strangled squack of fear and fled back to the safety of Lynn's shoulder.

The large man's rage seemingly abated for the moment she took a seat across from the woman. Lynn spoke then, with what lightness she could muster.

I think it safe to say, we all have questions similar to those stated so emphatically by our large friend here. Perhaps you would care to shed some light on all of this.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond Deathwish

As strange woman entered he turned, his concentration still on his spell. While she spoke he felt his excitement rising and he fought not to show it.

Noticing little one's trouble he slowly extended shaft of his guissarme so that flailing leg could catch it and use it as a stepping stone.

I was out of town, forced out by Lamm and his cronies. I was lucky enough to escape him twice and now I came back to find him! While not searching for months as some here, I'm burning to see some justice done as he had done unto many Little Ones.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Zellara seems unfazed by Thorson's anger. She calmly shuffles her Harrow deck, before holding it open in front of you. Her intent seems to be that you should replace your cards in the deck.

"Many years ago, Lamm stole from me the Harrow deck that belonged to my mother, that she got from her mother, who got it from her mother before her. And so on. Not only was it my sole means of support, but the power of a Harrow increases for a Varisian the longer it remains in her family.

My son Eran tried to get it back. He found the thieves, members of a gang run by a man named Gaedran Lamm. As a reward for finding them, they murdered him and dumoed his body in the river. It was useless going to the guard. Not only would they care little for a Varisian widow who earned her crust by telling fortunes, Lamm has evaded them for decades. They move too slowly and are too clumsy when they do. So I asked around, I paid bribes, I consulted the Harrow. It told me of others who have been wronged by Lamm.

You ask what I can offer. I have only two things left but I will give them freely. One is Gaedran Lamm's address. He can be found in an old fishery north of here, on West Pier 17. The other is a Harrow reading which may help you in the times ahead. You may use either as you see fit."

Remove ads