Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
"Personally I think some serious information gathering is going to be my order of the day," says Ignatius. "Usually I would be attending to the sick, but these two goals are not necessarily opposed. Folks tend to be grateful when you give them a helping hand, and I do not think asking a little information would test that sense of gratitude much."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi beamed at Kester through the fug of her hangover. "See, there you go Ed. Someone will come with me, so don't worry! I might spend the day floating around the place too, its amazing what people talk about openly. After a nap though."

ooc: If it gets to the point that it matters, Mhairi has no intention of letting Kester take weapons and act like a 'bodyguard'. She'll instruct him on blending into the crowd, and tell him to run like someone's trying to bugger him if there's any problems.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I've was looking through the sheet and noticed there is unidentified dagger Edmond gave Kester some time ago (I think it might even be just after Lamm). Anyhow, did Jeremiah manage to get some more information on that?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: There was a mystery dagger that came from Verik Vancaskerkin, but no-one has been able to determine any powers to it other than "magic" - perhaps it was that one?

Later that day, Mhairi, Ignatius and Kester head out to meet with Mhairi's contact, who tells them that the Emperor has agreed to meet them, and that all parties interested in an audience should be present at the wine merchants on Silk Street at dusk.

Neurotic

OOC: There was a mystery dagger that came from Verik Vancaskerkin, but no-one has been able to determine any powers to it other than "magic" - perhaps it was that one?

That's the one! It's magic, but we don't know what it is. I gave it to Kester just in case, no one at the time used daggers and it was magic so it would enable Kester to fight were-creatures etc in a pinch since he was sole protector of kids while we were away. Sooo, we still don't know what it is? It's Jeremiah's new assignment, that's what it is :)

Axel

First Post
"See, nothing bad happens when you go out in public, just like everyone else does! Anyways, we've got a date for tonight, if a little early, though a very classy establishment. At dusk, though that's not actually too precise for time, at the wine shop on Silk Street. Someone should tell spider man."

Mhairi stretched and yawned. "Think I'm gonna take a nap. Could be a long night..."

Neurotic

"Public is overrated. Get some rest. You too, Kester."
Once they leave:
"Jeremiah!" he calls after the boy vacated mages chair.
"Would you happen to have few items like tangle-foot bags, various slicks, glibs and glues we could use in thieves den? You know, in case of fighting. Maybe water-breathing potion, just in case?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Jeremiah looks askance.

"Such, hem, alchemist's tricks are not my forte," he says, "but regardless, since the embargo it has become near impossible and prohibitively expensive to procure ingredients for, hem, enchantment purposes. If you are visiting this so-called Emperor perhaps you could prevail upon him to lower prices on, hem, arcane supplies."

"Don't worry old man," says Devargo. "I'll bargain for you." He rams a dagger into its sheathe.

Eventually the sun begins to fall and the group makes its way down to Silk Street, where a group of five of the Emperor's henchmen, the Old Docks Gang, are waiting to meet them. They are a rough and ragged looking lot, perhaps not as skilled as the group has become but still suggestive of people not easily messed with if it came to a fight in their stance and demeanour. There is no conformity to their arms and armour, no obvious uniform, but they all wear, in some form or other, the Emperor's colours of red, gold and black.

One of them, a hard-faced and hard-bodied woman who could be mistaken for a man at first glance, steps forwards.

"Alright Mhairi," she says. "See you've bought 'em. The Emperor's waiting to meet you all."

[sblock=OOC]
There is time to stock up on the likes of tanglefoot bags etc. and other supplies should you want some to take with you. Prices are double SRD. Another thing to thank the Emperor of Old Korvosa for.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
After her nap Mhairi took her time selecting clothes for the night. They need to be practical, but eye catching. And no plunging necklines or I can't wear armour underneath....hmmm....think I need to go see Michel the tailor again. Sometime later Mhairi returned wearing form hugging tight black leather pants and a long sleeved silky blouse that wasn't quite as revealing as her usual clothes. Fastening her sword belt over, and putting her armoured shirt on beneath, she thought I wonder if the guys are going to turn up like they're going in to battle and wearing a hundred pounds of steel? That'd be sooo like Ed. And a dead giveaway.

Later, on Silk Street, she smiled in greeting to the thugs and held a small package under her arm a little tighter - some of the woven fabric Michel had hidden out the back was suitablly...debacuched in its images for the jumped-up Emperor. Mhairi had a loose fitting robe made from it as a gift...you never visited anyone that called themself an Emperor without a gift. "Well, he could've just dropped in visit. We do have tea in the house you know. Are we not trusted to walk though the front door by ourselves?"

Neurotic

That'd be sooo like Ed. And a dead giveaway.

OOC:
Well, did you think to comment on that? Edmond has NO social skills, grew up in sewers and totally has no respect for the Emperor. If anything, the fact they are going there is extra-weaponry-inspiring event, esp. with the reputation that there are fights to be had for the benefit of the audience.

With the channeling, Edmond is not powerless even armed with the dagger. Or toothpick. :)

Remove ads