Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Axel

First Post
Mhairi keeps her feet as the floor begins to tilt and move (Acrobatics: 20). The tilting floor putting her body on alert for a coming assault, the screeching and grinding does little to faze her (Fortitude 18).

"Ed!" she yelled over the din. "Tell me you're still with me here!"

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I knew it.

Keeping pace with Mhairri, Edmond is caught in the trap along with her. His helm and training protect his hearing while Deathwail serves as balance pole delivering him safely inside the box.

Fort DC 15; Balance DC 12 (1d20+8=21, 1d20=14)

OOC:
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], do we see outside of the trap? That is, can we get out or teleport out if needed?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: The tilted floor sections don't completely block the corridor, I reckon they will only come up to 5 ft., leaving a gap at the top of about 3 ft.. To the south the barrier is vertical, to the north it has become a 45 degree slope. So various methods could be employed to try to escape ... before phase 2 of the trap.

Neurotic

OOC: And behind trap walls is a pit? That is, if we climb on the vertical part, we have a pit to jump over? Can I teleport while carrying Mhairri as I could with a backpack? Target of the spell is creature touched...

Axel

First Post
pic: Edmond wouldn't know there is a trap behind. Mhairi can probably jump/climb out by herself. Even with Dex poison. :)

Neurotic

OOC: We could see the pit when we look over the wall (it's only 5 feet after all)...I agree he couldn't see it if it was hidden, but we're already IN the trap. I'm trying to understand the setup. Maybe if we push at the top of the wall it will balance back (fall down) and we'll be free.

Neurotic

OOC: The spell is from PHB2, but this seems exact enough (with more details about shunting mishaps). [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION], can Mhairri get out by herself?
[MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], is there a pit beyond the wall? If Edmond boosts Mhairri up on the wall (she can crouch in 3 feet space) can she just jump down from the wall or she has to jump over the hole?

Remove ads