Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
Manachan's rays strike the woman in return, leaving smoking holes in her ragged leather clothing. Meanwhile, Mhairi waits as Ignatius heals her, and Edmond prepares for action.

[sblock=OOC]
Thought I added a map last time. In answer to Neurotic's question, Edmond can just about reach her with a double move, especially as he uses a reach weapon.

Next up:
Edmond
Mhairi (delaying)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Arkona Dungeon 5.jpg
    Arkona Dungeon 5.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 113

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond moves through the door where the team has come from and spying the caster charges, Deathwail held as spear, reaching through the second door.

1d20+11+2-3+2 = 24 (12d20+ 11 + 2 - 3 + 2)
2d4+6+9+2 = 23 (4d4+ 2d4+ 6 + 9 + 2)

OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], would it be possible to cast swift action spell...I know I can do it in "normal" channeling, but I cannot channel in a charge due to charge being full round action...but this doesn't take standard action (being it is swift action)

hmmm...Touch of Idiocy, Dimension Hop, Ghoul touch, extra 5d4 damage, so many choices... :)

Also, she appears to be six squares away which is 30' (ignoring half squares due to reach weapon which will make up for the difference), shouldn't he be able to reach her without double move? Or is there a hindrance somewhere?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I miscounted squares. Flying, she has a movement of 60 ft. - scorching ray plus move in her round. I put her 6 squares away, it should have been 12 squares.

Edit, okay, this is what it should look like. Manachan can still get off his scorching rays, but in order to get line of effect and range he'll need to move into the wasp room. Edmond can still reach with a charge, if he wants to pursue down this new corridor lined with statues. He can use a swift action with a full round - it's basically a free action that you can only use once per round so the number and type of other actions used is irrelevent. A revised description of actions coming pending any changes you may wish to make.

Attachments

• Arkona Dungeon 6.jpg
    Arkona Dungeon 6.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION], [MENTION=1231]Kaodi[/MENTION], go ahead with the round, I will not spend my only daily "speed up" on this...fake :)

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius rushes out, through the small corridor and across the room with the wasp motifs, stopping just inside the corridor on the other side. While cognizant of the fact that it is unlikely this woman will understand anything he is saying, the ifrit bets on his own fiery tongue being the most likely to get through. "I can play this game too now, and mine have punch!" he proclaims as he raises both hands to point at the woman. From the pointer finger on each hand springs a very pale shimmering ray aimed at the impostor.

OOC: Admonishing Ray: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18, 4D6 = [1, 1, 2, 6] = 10 nonlethal, 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15, 4D6 = [6, 6, 3, 6] = 21 nonlethal . Hope the second one hits, :) .

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Revised actions. I noticed something else in the stat block for this opponent which alters the results slightly as well.

Edmond and Manachan run through the wasp room, dodging the myriad tiny needles that are still jabbing in and out of all the walls, floor and ceiling.

Manachan's first ray seems to veer aside at the last minute, he can feel the magic pulling away from him as if something is deflecting it. He focuses for his second ray and it punches home, leaving a burning hole in the woman's clothing.

Edmond charges after her, striking hard with Deathwail, but at the last minute she turns gracefully in the air and performs a kind of mid-air spin. Her hand brushes against the haft of the glaive and turns it aside at the last minute. She gives Edmond a playful wink as she drops to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]
Manachan - both rays hit, but she has SR, and only the second one got through. I rolled caster level check this time but if anyone wants to target her with an SR-affected spell feel free to make your own rolls if you like.

Edmond - attack with glaive, miss.

Ignatius - he's already gone this round, if you want to save that for next round that's fine, he'll be the first PC up.

Next, Mhairi [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Arkona Dungeon 7.jpg
    Arkona Dungeon 7.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 110

Axel

First Post
Thinking it smart not to get separated in the moving maze Mhairi darts after Edmond and Manachan, pulling back the string on her crossbow as she goes.

Squinting down the corridor, she can barely make out the strange...woman past Ed's bulk and decided to hold her fire.

ooc: moving adjacent ti Manachan, without passing the door, load crossbow, wait

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi moves up beside Manachan, taking a sight down the corridor. In doing so, her attention wavers from the jabbing needles of the wasp room, and one catches her in the arm. Down the corridor, the woman pulls a javelin over her shoulder and throws it down the corridor, and turns and runs even as it leaves her hand. Once in flight, the javelin becomes a streak of lightning that crackles down the corridor, striking Edmond and Manachan before earthing away harmlessly. The woman has run further down the corridor and round the corner.

[sblock=OOC]
The wasp room hits Mhairi for 1 damage, and she also needs to make a Fort save DC 15 or take 2 Dex damage as well.

Javelin of Lightning strikes Edmond and Manachan for 18 electrical damage, Reflex DC 14 for half. Edmond can get an AoO on her as she runs.

Next up:
Ignatius
Manachan
Edmond
Mhairi
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Arkona Dungeon 8.jpg
    Arkona Dungeon 8.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 112

Remove ads