Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
Whilst examining the column there is a slight disturbance in the air, and the doors back to the wasp room swing open. Suddenly streaks of fire shoot out from within the wasp room and strike Mhairi. As they do so a woman appears in the wasp room, evidently the origin of the scorching rays. She floats in mid-air and laughs a malicious laugh.

[sblock=OOC]
Two scorching rays hit Mhairi for 18 and 10 fire damage.
Roll for initiative, and you can throw in a Perception check as well if you like.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond is too engrossed in checking the room in front of him to be able to react quickly to the threat behind. He cannot see the source of the fire due to wall behind him.

Init (1d20+2=6)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The woman fires another two rays of fire, aimed at Mhairi. Both miss and a flicker of annoyance crosses her otherwise perfect face. She turns and flys through the door across the wasp room.

[sblock=OOC]
2 Scorching rays at Mhairi, both miss.

Initiative order:
Ignatius
Mhairi
Manachan
Edmond
[/sblock]

[sblock=Manachan]
The clothing and equipment that this woman has are identical to that which Vencarlo had with him earlier, before he was separated from the group by the last dungeon movement.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
For a brief moment Ignatius considers that it might be wisest (a difficult concept for him in any case) to inoculate Mhairi against further fiery rays, but that could prove disastrous if the woman has other deadly attacks in her arsenal. So saying a short prayer the ifrit reaches out and channels his most powerful healing magic into the rogue, instantly repairing almost all of the burn damage. "Perhaps Manachan or I should take point on this one," he says in the Celestial tongue.

OOC: Cure Serious Wounds: 3D8+7 = [8, 8, 2]+7 = 25

Axel

First Post
"Thanks," Mhairi says, before adding "If you two want to get your nuts singed, be my guest!"

ooc: delay till after Edmond

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
"There's something amiss here! That woman is wearing Vencarlo's clothes, and carrying his gear . . . my friends, I fear we've been duped!" Manachan throws out his hands, and his own beams of fire sizzle through the air as he returns fire!
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Not sure if he can see her to get his spell off - he did say he was preparing to cast, but she may get through the door before his turn. I'm assuming yes, and will ret-con if necessary. Scorching Ray (Ranged Touch Attack) x2:
1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
4D6 = [1, 3, 1, 1] = 6
1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
4D6 = [4, 4, 4, 6] = 18
[/sblock]

Remove ads