• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #359

MKMcArtor

First Post
heirodule said:
any grandma-friendly guesses as to what the adventurer in front of the stela was going to do after she pulled her pants down?

(look at the art: very strange)

(Psst, that's Lidda.)

The pillar was not in the art order, and we debated many times whether or not to delete it outright, but in the end we (obviously) kept it in.

joshhg

First Post
Oh, a issue this awsome just makes the fact that it is going away that much more difficult to accept.

Hey, Shemmy, you got in both the last Dungeon and Dragon! And what is the tally on baern mentions? There was at least one in this one.

Where was Anubis in the issue?

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Quartz said:
IIRC Lascer is from the intro to Epic issue, and Shaktari is from an issue of Dungeon.

Correct.

In that Epic issue, Lascer was presented in an entirely different way. I always saw him as a demon lord, but at the time, it wasn't quite clear how WotC wanted to treat demon lords in 3rd edition, so I made him an advanced abomination infernal or something like that. I talked about him a little bit in the Demonomicons of Demogorgon and maybe Dagon as well, I think.

The information in Dragon #359's a bit different in how he works and all that, but he'll still work as the patron of the Shadow Shoal in "Razing of Redshore."

Shemeska

Adventurer
joshhg said:
Hey, Shemmy, you got in both the last Dungeon and Dragon! And what is the tally on baern mentions? There was at least one in this one.

*Grin* After some emphatic, gleeful and non-Grandma friendly yet creative language, and some dancing around my apartment, I'm both stoked and humbled by being included. I'm going to try to get every person in the last issue to sign their respective articles in my copy if they're at GenCon here in a few days.

And where was there a baern mentioned in the issue? Not in anything I wrote, though I did manage to include quite a bit of fiendish stuff where it was relevant, and I had a pair of 'loths fly in under the radar in the Orcussword writeup (Yleris and Bubonix).

Where was Anubis in the issue?

In the "Forgotten Faiths" Class Acts article, as the Guardian of Dead Gods.

Shemeska

Adventurer
James,

I've been intrigued by Dwiergus since the mention of him in the Demonomicon entry on Baphomet, and he lived up to the expectations building up since then. Very very cool. I expect more demonic awesomeness in the future, regardless of what venue it happens to appear in.

shemmysmile.gif

Just finished. Now I'm really missing Dragon. Great articles ... Demonomicon, Ecology of the Tarrasque, Wizards Three, Myth Drannor ...

Galeros said:
Could someone spoil the Elminster v. Raistlin fight for me? :)

OK:
Mordenkainen

Not sure when I'll be able to pick this up (whenever it appears on shelves, presumably, but don't know when that may be), so would it be too much to ask for a spoiler on the top 20 villains?

[sblock]

1. Meepo
2. Lord of Blades
3. Manshoon
4. Eli Tomorast
5. Kyuss
6. Artemis Entreri
7. Dragotha
8. Tharizdun
9. Eclavdra (refernce to her appearance in the ELH is oddly missing)
10. Acererak
11. Iuz
12. Grazzt
13. Iggwilv (Hottest villainess EVAR!)
14. Orcus
15. Lord Soth
16. Demogorgon
17. Vecna
18. Lolth
19. Tiamat
20. Count Strahd von Zarovich

Bargle is distressingly absent ... but then he's in a great adventure in the final Dungeon[/sblock]

heirodule

First Post
MKMcArtor said:
(Psst, that's Lidda.)

The pillar was not in the art order, and we debated many times whether or not to delete it outright, but in the end we (obviously) kept it in.

Ok. I still can't figure out why she's pulling her pants down. What body modification did lidda get? Magic Glute Implants?

Agamon

Adventurer
I hope this issue makes the top 10 issues of Dragon list, because just reading what's in it, I can see it's clearly the best issue evar.

Now excuse me while I go weep in the corner for the end of this great mag. :(

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
heirodule said:
Ok. I still can't figure out why she's pulling her pants down. What body modification did lidda get? Magic Glute Implants?

I think the implication is that she's got the body modification that lets you scribe spells on your skin; there's some runes on the statue that she wants to copy down (apparently she's been multiclassing).

joshhg

First Post
Shemeska said:
*Grin* After some emphatic, gleeful and non-Grandma friendly yet creative language, and some dancing around my apartment, I'm both stoked and humbled by being included. I'm going to try to get every person in the last issue to sign their respective articles in my copy if they're at GenCon here in a few days.
Like I said, good job! :cool: (and I knew which one you had written the moment the loth's showed up)

Shemeska said:
And where was there a baern mentioned in the issue? Not in anything I wrote, though I did manage to include quite a bit of fiendish stuff where it was relevant, and I had a pair of 'loths fly in under the radar in the Orcussword writeup (Yleris and Bubonix).
[sblock]In the Demonomicon article, under Shaktari's Goals: "Just as mysterious are the events surrounding her release, which are believed to have been engineered by a certian baernoloth eager to see the violence of the Blood War once again escalate.[/sblock]

Also, where are those loth's from?

Shemeska said:
In the "Forgotten Faiths" Class Acts article, as the Guardian of Dead Gods.
Cool, thanks!

Remove ads