• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Compendium Vol. 1: new base classes?

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Hi!

I've just received the Dragon Compendium Vol. 1 and wondered what people's experiences are with the new base classes in actual play compared to the core 3.xE classes?

Just to refresh people's memory the DC1 classes include:

• Battle Dancer
  • Death Master
  • Jester
  • Mountebank
  • Savant
  • Sha'ir
  • Urban Druid

I dimly remember the Death Master and Jester from 1E (as NPC only classes) but have a certain fondness for the Mountebank and Savant as I believe EGG had suggested them as possibke new classes!

Erekose

Eternal Champion
It was originally published in 2007! The book description is:

The Dragon Compendium collects the most popular classic articles from throughout Dragon magazine's 29-year history, all updated to the current edition of the Dungeons & Dragons rules. Selected with the input of current and former editors-in-chief and D&D fans across the world, the articles in this 256-page volume are proven favourites — material you will want to reference again and again. Packed with new races, classes and prestige classes, equipment, and spells as well as popular feature articles from the past, the Dragon Compendium is a useful game aid as well as a living record of the world's premiere gaming magazine.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
It was originally published in 2007! The book description is:

The Dragon Compendium collects the most popular classic articles from throughout Dragon magazine's 29-year history, all updated to the current edition of the Dungeons & Dragons rules. Selected with the input of current and former editors-in-chief and D&D fans across the world, the articles in this 256-page volume are proven favourites — material you will want to reference again and again. Packed with new races, classes and prestige classes, equipment, and spells as well as popular feature articles from the past, the Dragon Compendium is a useful game aid as well as a living record of the world's premiere gaming magazine.
.... This... This sounds amazing!
You know when you kill that big monster, then loot the body and it's lair, hoping to find new treasure?
Your post just did that for me. I shall hunt this new book!

Talonblaze

First Post
It says the 'most favorite' so does this mean its not ALL the content from the Dragon series? If thats the case then thats quite a bummer since apparently the only other Dragon magazines are for 4e now. Which is of no use to me.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Specifically, it contains all kinds of nifty stuff from Dragon- old and new- for 3.5Ed. While I think the classes and races are nice, my favorite sections are the Feats & weapons sections. LOTS of love for polearms and Sorcerers.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Specifically, it contains all kinds of nifty stuff from Dragon- old and new- for 3.5Ed. While I think the classes and races are nice, my favorite sections are the Feats & weapons sections. LOTS of love for polearms and Sorcerers.

Have you any experience of the classes in actual play? The Savant looks like an interesting option!

Remove ads